• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

S2G Fox

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
phil pearson

S2G Fox

Post by phil pearson »

I'm currently restoring an S2G Fox but the canopy is scratched and poorly fitted to the frame. The Topmodel Fox canopy unfortunately is too small so I'm thinking the only option would be to manufacture my own by making a plug from the existing one.Does anyone have any experience in this as I can't find much on the internet? Obviously if S2G were still around that would be the answer, but I think they went down the pan years ago. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Cliff Evans

Re: S2G Fox

Post by Cliff Evans »

Have you approached Barry at Sarik Hobbies? He is probably your best bet. Failing that making your own is not that bad an option. You will need some Hurculite Plaster. Ebay item number: 401736596880. If you go this route, Barry should be able to advise.
https://lasercutsailplanes.co.uk
https://patteaklegliders.co.uk
phil pearson

Post by phil pearson »

Thanks Cliff that's useful to know.
terry white

Post by terry white »

Phil, phone Saric as Cliff has recommended and ask for a Purbeck sailplanes canopy. There is a front and rear which are slightly different so make sure you ask for the one you want.
These are 1/3 scale but can easily be cut down to size if you wish. ;) Terry.
phil pearson

Post by phil pearson »

Excellent thanks Terry I will call them tomorrow. Can you just clarify what you mean by front and rear?
terry white

Post by terry white »

Hi Phil. the Purbeck fox had a front opening and a rear opening sections of the canopy just as the full size. If yours is a one piece canopy then the Purbeck one may not be for you, ring Barry at Saric anyway he is a very helpful guy and a scale aero modeller to boot so he will know what you are talking about. He will need the length and width of your used canopy to match the very many he has to offer.
Just as a thought have you tried polishing the scratches out with 'T' cut from Halfords yet. often works but needs a fare amount of elbow grease. Toothpaste is a substitute until you get to Halfords. good luck. Terry
jimbo

Post by jimbo »

I had a bit of faff getting a canopy for my s2g fox when i cracked it. They do not make them at sarik any more. The canopy from top rippins 4m fox fitted which i used. It was pricey at 48E plus post of about 20E.

http://www.rc-tronics-topp-rippin.de/Sh ... q59s8or272