• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Who is building what for 2017 ?

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
Steve Fraquet

Re: Who is building what for 2017 ?

Post by Steve Fraquet »

Beautiful William...........need I say more?
RobbieB

Post by RobbieB »

Yes, another top job willem - well done.
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

It's another cracker William. You are becoming another building monster. If you keep going at this rate you will catch up with Mr Wlliams himself.
Brian. :)
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

I have just started my latest new project, an aerobatic glider this time. The Akaflieg München Mü28 is a research glider aircraft that was designed and built in Germany in 1983. Only one example of the design was built. The prototype was 12.00 metre span, fully flapped, had a symmetrical section and was very aerobatic. It was very successful in glider aerobatic competition over many years and with a number of different pilots.
It has been on my build list for quite some time now and has the added benefit of not being a Fox/Swift/Salto/Pilatus. My model will be to ¼ scale. It will have a fixed, semi recessed main wheel, rather than a retract as most of it’s flights will be from the slope over heather and rocks. I have started on the fuselage which will be formed from glass cloth over a blue foam mould, ala Roo Hawkins.
Attachments
MU28_01.jpg
MU 28_ 02.jpg
MU 28_ 03.jpg
The blue foam fuselage plug almost ready for glassing.
The blue foam fuselage plug almost ready for glassing.
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

and has the added benefit of not being a Fox

Stay calm Terry. I am sure he didn't mean it....

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

BC
VinceC
Site Admin

Post by VinceC »

Nice project Brian. In case you haven't got the cockpit detail, here is some help
Attachments
cockpit_original_2.JPG
cockpit_original.jpg
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

Thanks Vince, cockpit photos are always useful. Having said that, the fact that the seat is stained brown is rather concerning in this case!
Barry, my apologies must go to all Fox pilots, and there are so very, very, very many of them. Let's face it, every man and their dog has a Fox. In fact the nextdoor neighbours Labrador flies a Fox, and very nice it is too. I prefer to build and fly something a bit more uncommon.
Brian. :D
WilliamH

Post by WilliamH »

Thye Slingsby Gull is suddenly popular - mine is from the Jim Owen plan, reduced to 1:3.5.
Attachments
gull stbd. wing.jpg
gull fuz.1.jpg
Stuart Ward

Post by Stuart Ward »

After 18 months and many interruptions including three other builds I have finally finished my Petrel. If the weather god play ball I should maiden it today.
I was doing a build log a while back but gave up due to life getting in the way. I can resurrect it if any one is interested.
Many thanks must go to Chris Williams for his work reposting his build log of this very pretty glider. And thanks to Avetek for cutting all those ribs with such accuracy.
The canopy was pulled by Neil Moss here in Auckland after the debarcle with Traplet left me short changed and no part.
I have balanced with a static margin of 7% In front of the neutral point.
All up weight is 8kg.

Stu
Attachments
IMG_550.jpg
IMG_553.jpg
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

That's looking rather nice Stu. Best of luck with the maiden!