Don't forget to check your spam folder if you don't get an activation email after joining!!

Antonov A-15

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
VinceC
Site Admin

Antonov A-15

Post by VinceC »

Today a brand new pdf has gone on line in German :( charting the history of the Antonov A-15. It is by Peter Ocker, the author of the 'bible' about Hans Jacobs and who owns a real one himself. To download, go to

http://www.peterocker.de/aktuelles/antonov-a-15

ARUP

Re: Antonov A-15

Post by ARUP »

Neat! Too bad there aren't a few more fuselage cross sectional views. Would make lofting a little easier. This built up, glassed and covered in 'Flite Metal' or similar would be a beauty!

VinceC
Site Admin

Post by VinceC »

If you want some fuselage sections, I know the author of the pdf and he may have them. Let me know

ARUP

Post by ARUP »

Thanks! I wouldn't mind getting them. This would be a future build for me. I'm going to modify a Horizon Hobby E-flite Blanik L-13 into a L-23 as a future project and will work with the Flite-Metal product. I have both on hand. My projects tend to drag out a little but they do get finished!

VinceC
Site Admin

Post by VinceC »

Peter Ocker unfortunately does not have the "factory profiles", only the drawings on the internet, so here is the best available, but still quite good.
Attachments
a15mk.jpg

ChrisPratt

Post by ChrisPratt »

Vic Steel created a set of 1/4 scale plans for the AN-15, that were made available some years back. I bought a set and, though the plans are good, the copy looked like a copy of a copy.

There are 21 fuselage formers drawn on the plans and the fuselage is covered in 1/64 ply. The wings were intended to be sheeted foam using RG-15 airfoils.

I can try to make a copy of the plans, hopefully improving the contrast and readability, if you are interested.

Chris Pratt
Visalia, CA
559-300-2611

ChrisPratt

Post by ChrisPratt »

Also, the plans indicate a 1/4 scale canopy available from Sarik VacForm.

RobbieB

Post by RobbieB »

Vic's Antonov.
antanov_A15.jpg

ChrisPratt

Post by ChrisPratt »

Vince,

I will see what I can do with scanning the sheets. If I can get them into files I will email them to you.

Chris Pratt

ChrisPratt

Post by ChrisPratt »

Vince,
PM sent. Please let me know if the PDFs came through to you.

Chris