• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Antonov A-15

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
VinceC
Site Admin

Antonov A-15

Post by VinceC »

Today a brand new pdf has gone on line in German :( charting the history of the Antonov A-15. It is by Peter Ocker, the author of the 'bible' about Hans Jacobs and who owns a real one himself. To download, go to

http://www.peterocker.de/aktuelles/antonov-a-15
VinceC
Site Admin

Re: Antonov A-15

Post by VinceC »

If you want some fuselage sections, I know the author of the pdf and he may have them. Let me know
VinceC
Site Admin

Post by VinceC »

Peter Ocker unfortunately does not have the "factory profiles", only the drawings on the internet, so here is the best available, but still quite good.
Attachments
a15mk.jpg
ChrisPratt

Post by ChrisPratt »

Vic Steel created a set of 1/4 scale plans for the AN-15, that were made available some years back. I bought a set and, though the plans are good, the copy looked like a copy of a copy.

There are 21 fuselage formers drawn on the plans and the fuselage is covered in 1/64 ply. The wings were intended to be sheeted foam using RG-15 airfoils.

I can try to make a copy of the plans, hopefully improving the contrast and readability, if you are interested.

Chris Pratt
Visalia, CA
559-300-2611
ChrisPratt

Post by ChrisPratt »

Also, the plans indicate a 1/4 scale canopy available from Sarik VacForm.
RobbieB

Post by RobbieB »

Vic's Antonov.
antanov_A15.jpg
ChrisPratt

Post by ChrisPratt »

Vince,

I will see what I can do with scanning the sheets. If I can get them into files I will email them to you.

Chris Pratt
ChrisPratt

Post by ChrisPratt »

Vince,
PM sent. Please let me know if the PDFs came through to you.

Chris
Mark Erwood

Post by Mark Erwood »

No Cliff , you are not losing it. Top left corner it says Vic Steel. I knew Vic had done a model of the A-15 but I have never been able to find the drawings. Now you have saved me the trouble. For general information, Peter Ocker published a short type history which used to be available on line.
The A-15 is one of my favourite sailplanes and not many people model Soviet sailplanes.
Mark Erwood

Post by Mark Erwood »

I don't like to cast doubt on Vic Steel's drawings ,but I wonder if the span as drawn is correct. It scales at 17M whereas I think it should be 18M. I have looked at all the reference material I can find and 10 give 18M and 4 give 17M span While it is true that 3 of the 4 giving 17M span are 3-view drawings, including a couple of Russian drawings, Antonov's own website gives 18M as does Krasilschikov in 'Gliders of the USSR'. Also looking at the Antonov wing drawing and adding up the rib spacing gives 18M.
Can anyone else comment?