After joining, please check your email and spam folder for the confirmation email. Without this being answered your membership is not activated.

Antonov A-15

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
BaldEagle

Re: Antonov A-15

Post by BaldEagle »

Hello
Do you have a plans of this beautiful glider?
I want to build it.

BaldEagle

Post by BaldEagle »

There is no plans of the model, only a real glider?

Mark Erwood

Post by Mark Erwood »

No Cliff , you are not losing it. Top left corner it says Vic Steel. I knew Vic had done a model of the A-15 but I have never been able to find the drawings. Now you have saved me the trouble. For general information, Peter Ocker published a short type history which used to be available on line.
The A-15 is one of my favourite sailplanes and not many people model Soviet sailplanes.

BaldEagle

Post by BaldEagle »

Cliff Evans wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 13:05
I put them in drop box and sent you the link! And they are definately a model and not real glider!

Here are the pdf's If anybody else would like to varify that it is a model.. Just in case I am going do lally!
I'm sorry. I have another folder on this glider. And your folder did not connect.

BaldEagle

Post by BaldEagle »

Cliff Evans wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 13:05
I put them in drop box and sent you the link! And they are definately a model and not real glider!

Here are the pdf's If anybody else would like to varify that it is a model.. Just in case I am going do lally!
I sent you link to my folder.
About 10 min I upload all my information.

Mark Erwood

Post by Mark Erwood »

I don't like to cast doubt on Vic Steel's drawings ,but I wonder if the span as drawn is correct. It scales at 17M whereas I think it should be 18M. I have looked at all the reference material I can find and 10 give 18M and 4 give 17M span While it is true that 3 of the 4 giving 17M span are 3-view drawings, including a couple of Russian drawings, Antonov's own website gives 18M as does Krasilschikov in 'Gliders of the USSR'. Also looking at the Antonov wing drawing and adding up the rib spacing gives 18M.
Can anyone else comment?

BaldEagle

Post by BaldEagle »

I have the size of a real glider from Ukraine. It's 18 meters.

Martin G

Post by Martin G »

Fast work Cliff. I will be adding this model to my building list!

Martin G

Post by Martin G »

Thank you Vince for the amendments to the span, and thanks to Cliff for posting them on this forum!

BaldEagle

Post by BaldEagle »

Thank you very much for update the plans
How will the laminar profile behave on the model?