• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Spektrum servos

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
Elliot Howells

Spektrum servos

Post by Elliot Howells »

Hi all,

bought my first spekky servo (against my better judgement) and it seems to be faulty on arrival, anyone had anything similar?

It's a HV high torque retract servo and it's painfully weak and slow.

Have a look:

Your thoughts appreciated.

Ell.
FrankS

Re: Spektrum servos

Post by FrankS »

Never had one but the spec is 1.92 sec for 160 deg (at 6v), so they are meant to be pretty slow.
terry white

Post by terry white »

Hi Elliot, I can understand the servo to be slow. This to appear as per full size speed during operation, also the slow speed design is where it gets its high torque from. However I can not understand 'weak'.
What is the voltage supply,you are supplying it with?, is there a noticeable drop in the voltage whilst in operation? Is the gear that it is operating either stiff or off a bad design. lastly what is it like out on the bench uncoupled. Terry.
Martynk

Post by Martynk »

I have four ordinary Spectrum servos and they have been absolutely fine. Very reliable, adequately powerful (F3A control surfaces) and quite quick. No experience with their retract range. I have to admit, that does not look right. I assume that its erratic when its not on load as well.
Elliot Howells

Post by Elliot Howells »

Chaps,

I realise the servo is supposed to be slow ;) but it was half the declared speed and really didn't inspire confidence.

At 7.whatsit volts too, I have fitted a hitec jobby at half the torque and it works perfectly.

Must have been a dud, kings lynn models have cheerfully refunded me, just out of pocket the return postage, hey ho.

Cheers, Ell.