• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Pilatus B4 maiden

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
Nigel Argall

Pilatus B4 maiden

Post by Nigel Argall »

Ok, You all know how this feels. Throat as dry as sandpaper and shaking knees - and that is just getting it out the car. Spent on year on this (not that many hours but too many distractions). Its quarter scale so 3.75m wing and weighs in at about 11 lbs. Had two flights today and monumentally chuffed with it. I have added the obligatory 'shot in the back garden' but hopefully Jimbo will be along before too long with some flying shots.
Just remains to say a big thanks to all for your advice over the last year, extra big thanks to Cliff Evans for cutting me some wing templates and big thanks to Jimbo for lobbing it off St Agnes head for me as well as the calm advice like 'stop throwing it about like it is a smaller model', 'go with the weight and momentum' etc.
Model is pretty much built from scratch with a hybrid balsa/foam mix. If folk want, I am happy to do one of those 'its already finished but this is how I did it' build logs as I have plenty of pictures of the build.
Keep going builders, there is an end to it all and it is worth it!
Attachments
B4 op.jpg
jimbo

Re: Pilatus B4 maiden

Post by jimbo »

There are some pics on FB nigel, choose what you want to put up, i wont do them all as i know they will be too large a file..
Anyway, excellent sesh, congrats on the maiden, went without a hitch, i expect this will be your regular flyer now :D
Nigel Argall

Post by Nigel Argall »

OK, not flying but next best thing! Thanks for the shots Jimbo.
Attachments
22047978_1539277772794769_8239664099621699894_o.jpg
jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Sorry about the dark picture, too B****y sunny lol
Attachments
DSC_8421 copy_2.jpg
DSC_8438 copy_2.jpg
DSC_8436 copy.jpg
DSC_8416 copy.jpg
DSC_8430 copy.jpg
jimbo

Post by jimbo »

[youtube][/youtube]
terry white

Post by terry white »

Hi Nigel, very nice machine, very stable in the air, looks as though you have the balance just right. That smile on your face as you bring it back to the flight line says it all.
Yes, been there done that and I can remember being on top of the world.Well done. Watch out for that Jimbo feller though he's going to want to have a go!! :D Regards Terry.
jimbo

Post by jimbo »

The platy is prolly the only other i would like to add to the hanger (and perhaps a big DG), hey ho.
Heres a compilation of the L213 and Pilatus and a bit of synchro flying. With a catchy tune.
Enjoy!
terry white

Post by terry white »

Excellent stuff Jimbo. The lift looked as good as the Gower.!!