• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

BMFA National Centre ANO exclusion

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
roo Hawkins

Re: BMFA National Centre ANO exclusion

Post by roo Hawkins »

i have just seen that it is £250 a day for the site.
Tony Woods

Post by Tony Woods »

Come on then Barry, Give Cliff an answer. :D
Ray Watts

Post by Ray Watts »

I wonder if the 82db noise limit would rule us out, which would be a shame as I would be keen to go there with aerotowing and I see that they are now flying jets and other large models.
It's always calmer indoors :D
FrankS

Post by FrankS »

Cliff Evans wrote: 02 Oct 2017, 12:25
roo Hawkins wrote: 02 Oct 2017, 09:08 i have just seen that it is £250 a day for the site.
So our subs ar not enough then!
One of the statements made when the national center was proposed was that it would be self funding and not require any funding from the membership fees.
eric friend

Post by eric friend »

I was at Buckminster on August Bank Holiday Monday and had a chat with Manny about having an aerotow meeting there and he was keen to have one. The strip there is very well prepared and quite long in two directions with plenty of visibility all round, so lets hope 'the commitee' gives it a thumbs up.

Back in the 80's, the Silent Flight Nationals at Cranwell included a scale gliding competition and the East Kent Soaring Association was asked to run it. I think a few basic manoeuvres including landing plus scale fidelity were judged to find a winner. I was involved in towing the sailplanes up from the runway with an electric winch, and I even got my photo on the cover of the RCM&E while helping to prep models on the flight line. Happy daze!
chas

Post by chas »

F3Q.... (provisional at the moment) Eric, I was there.... there was a trophy also..... and people "generally" only flew the scale comp because it counted points towards the "Victor Ludorum"

OLD memories still live on.....