• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Favourite season?

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
Jolly Roger

Favourite season?

Post by Jolly Roger »

Summer's always been my favourite season for flying, but the last few years I've come to enjoy the golden light of Autumn, the backdrop of trees that glow from fiery red through to yellow, the last remains of Summer warmth, and the fact that my landing field has always been cropped. ;) Today was one such day. The air was eerily smooth, the lift abundant, and I flew until the sun set with only kestrels and a full size K21 for company. Bliss.

What's your favourite season, and why? Maybe share a photo to support your view?
Attachments
AutumnK21.jpg
Autumn North.jpg
Autumn2017a.jpg
P1040448.jpg
Richard_A

Re: Favourite season?

Post by Richard_A »

Warm long days of summer for me Rog. As ever envious of your flying site....

Richard.
Jolly Roger

Re: Favourite season?

Post by Jolly Roger »

Richard_A wrote: 28 Oct 2017, 22:48 Warm long days of summer for me Rog. As ever envious of your flying site....

Richard.
Cheers Richard. Mid-Summer does take some beating doesn't it, especially when you can fly until 10pm.

I'm also delighted (although feeling totally stupid) to find there's a mowed flat pasture right next to the ploughed field I've been landing in for the last 16 years. Honestly, it's smoother than my lawn. I know they say the grass is always greener in the other field, but this time it really is!

Downside is that a small copse of trees upwind would prevent a go-around and may create some turbulence but it's worth investigating. Power flying may also be an option - I'll discuss with the landowner.
Attachments
New LZ.JPG
Old LZ.JPG