• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Who's building what for 2018

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
Dave Cooper

Re: Who's building what for 2018

Post by Dave Cooper »

Something different ! Just started researching a PSS Jet Provost project. So far, have sourced some drawings and a plan. The plan wing section looks like one of the NACA semi-symmetrical family. Not sure about this on the slope and I was wondering more about a Selig 7055, or Eppler 205 /374. Any views on this greatly appreciated...

I'm aiming for a fast(ish) model with good penetration and reasonable energy retention. Probably 'stand-off' scale in terms of detail. As this is my first PSS attempt, I'm thinking of a light but strong model which can be ballasted up for different wind strengths. I have some carbon, Kevlar, Liteply and grp knocking around looking for a home !

Thanks for any assistance,
Dave
Rick Verver

Post by Rick Verver »

Dave Cooper wrote: 09 Nov 2018, 20:40 Something different ! Just started researching a PSS Jet Provost project. So far, have sourced some drawings and a plan. The plan wing section looks like one of the NACA semi-symmetrical family. Not sure about this on the slope and I was wondering more about a Selig 7055, or Eppler 205 /374. Any views on this greatly appreciated...

I'm aiming for a fast(ish) model with good penetration and reasonable energy retention. Probably 'stand-off' scale in terms of detail. As this is my first PSS attempt, I'm thinking of a light but strong model which can be ballasted up for different wind strengths. I have some carbon, Kevlar, Liteply and grp knocking around looking for a home !

Thanks for any assistance,
Dave
Maybe helpful:
www.google.nl/search?q=PSS+Jet+Provost& ... e&ie=UTF-8

www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=138992

www.pssaonline.co.uk/gallery-pages/The% ... ection.htm
"Go as thermal, as your comfort zone goes"
roo Hawkins

Post by roo Hawkins »

Just started a grob 109 fuz.
Attachments
20181115_083435.jpg
20181115_083451.jpg
20181115_105301.jpg
Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

I’m looking forward to following this one.
The G109 is a lovely looking motor glider. & a great pity that the RAF recently scrapped their fleet.
Peter
WilliamH

Post by WilliamH »

Another Minimoa just about ready for covering. This is from Chris's original 1/4 plan
Attachments
Minimoa assembled 2.JPG
Minimoa assembled 1.JPG
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

William,
You are a little behind in the race. Chris is getting ready to paint his, next week.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

BC
Dave Cooper

Post by Dave Cooper »

4Unlimited : Many thanks for your post on the PSS JP. Andy Blackburn has now 'talked' me through the various pro's and con's of the different wing sections, loadings, spans and washout details. His design is great, if a little small. I'll be aiming for about a 4 foot(ish) span with rudder and flaps to boot... better get building now before the next project overtakes me !
Dave
mick a

Post by mick a »

getting there , with the minimoa 2
a little slower than i would like due to work , but hopefully be finished for christmas
!!
A3FAAE56-7C2D-4991-B371-606D28185104.jpeg
chris williams

Post by chris williams »

Maidened the 1/4 scale Minimoa today in a very light wind, which was not blowing true on the slope. Never got her above the horizon but very chuffed. Weighs a paltry 12lbs, just right for an old geezer like me... :D
Attachments
IMG_6244 copy.jpg
Z.jpg
IMG_6222 copy.jpg
Geoff Pearce

Post by Geoff Pearce »

No Criss, not old , just weathered! Mellow yellow sounds like a song?