• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Who's building what for 2018

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
Tom Pack

Re: Who's building what for 2018

Post by Tom Pack »

Now you’re talking......1/2 scale is the future!
Geoff Pearce

Post by Geoff Pearce »

Still building my 1/2 scale ORLIC, covering bits at the back end, want to fix servos ect and test before covering fuzz
Has any body used tig welding wire for rudder control?
1/2 scale pilot done ,,,
SP250

Post by SP250 »

Geoff

Be interested to see how you created your 1/2 scale pilot, as I need to do one for next year.
Would think that Tig wire is not as good as piano wire for your controls, but that's just a guess.

John M
Geoff Pearce

Post by Geoff Pearce »

SP250 wrote: 09 Dec 2017, 13:55 Geoff

Be interested to see how you created your 1/2 scale pilot, as I need to do one for next year.
Would think that Tig wire is not as good as piano wire for your controls, but that's just a guess.

John M
Hi John,
1st scale me down , head hands and feet.
2nd 1year old kids cloths , about 48% , fill with shaped foam.
Paint head ect. Simples!
Attachments
image.jpeg
roo Hawkins

Post by roo Hawkins »

I am looking at various projects. but will be starting some time in Autumn of 2018. I need a bit of a rest after the fox and asw 27 build. so far it maybe a 1/3 asg 29 with carbon wing or maybe a szd cobra .
GeeW

Post by GeeW »

Starting to draw up plans for a Scanlan 1 about my third attempt at this. Not sure which version of the wing to go with at the moment though.

Gordon
Geoff Pearce

Post by Geoff Pearce »

roo Hawkins wrote: 09 Dec 2017, 17:28 I am looking at various projects. but will be starting some time in Autumn of 2018. I need a bit of a rest after the fox and asw 27 build. so far it maybe a 1/3 asg 29 with carbon wing or maybe a szd cobra .
Shame When u get older, need the rest

Quack, quack
WilliamH

Post by WilliamH »

I've started a 1/3 scale Swallow. A very happy new year to all, and good flying.
Attachments
swallow started.jpg
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

I have been amusing myself for the last week or so by building a 1/4 scale retract from the plans available on this website. It all went better than I expected and, after a little tinkering and fettling, it seems to work perfectly. It is yonks since I last did any proper "engineering" so I was quite surprised and gratified. Now all I need is a model to attach to it.
Brian. :)
Attachments
P1010974.JPG
P1010976.JPG
P1010977.JPG
Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Where did you find the plans Brian?
Was it in one of the threads, or in the hints & tips section as I haven’t spotted it yet.