• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Yt international ka7

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
Gliderboy500

Yt international ka7

Post by Gliderboy500 »

I have just purchased the last YT International ka7 1/4 scale artf kit and was wondering if anyone has any info about it
Jilles

Re: Yt international ka7

Post by Jilles »

Just put it together as per instruction I suppose.
Just a note on the C.O.G what ever is recommended for the C.O.G on the instruction make sure it is located level with the leading edge at the root of the wing for the first flight. I have seen two Ka7 models come to a premature end because the C.O.G was to far back.
With the forward swept wing this is necessary. The rear pilot position is in the C.O.G location so it did not make a difference if it was flown solo from the front seat.
You will need a lot of weight in the front as a result of this setup.
The same story works for the ASK13 what is essentially a Ka7 with the wings located mid fuselage giving a much better view for the rear pilot position what in general is the flight instructors position.
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

I believe this review is for the same model
http://forum.scalesoaring.com/forum/aer ... icher-ka-7
Stuart Ward

Post by Stuart Ward »

I built one of these kits for a friend. We set the C o G 25mm back from the leading edge and hasn't changed it since the maiden.
If we set it at 25% (100mm)root cord we would have had a disaster.
P.s. The kit flies well.
Stu.
Stuart Ward

Post by Stuart Ward »

MarkDev wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 13:46 I built one about seven years ago, the COG in the plans is not correct and depending on your build will be around the LE. There was a lot of filler and CSM in the fuse of the kit I had, you may need to reinforce it, particulary around the rear of the cockpit? JG and I spent much time taking lead out and putting it back in.

Good luck!
All that and more. And we won't mention the 700+gram iron bar they call a wing joiner.
Stu
Gliderboy500

Post by Gliderboy500 »

Does anyone have a set of instructions for this as I have just relised I don't have any