• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Pheonix K8 Wing repair info.

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
geoff_crew

Re: Pheonix K8 Wing repair info.

Post by geoff_crew »

Hi Keith, Although I've heavily modified/reinforced the inner wings on both my K8 6m (one has electric motor the other a standard glider) I've not found it necessary to strengthen the outer panels. I've enjoyed flying both models for several years now but I did build in additional strength around the cockpit area in general as flying off the slope can often present more challenging landing circumstances than that of a flat field environment.

Regards Geoff
aka Motley
geoff_crew

Re: Pheonix K8 Wing repair info.

Post by geoff_crew »

Keith, The original canopy is pretty flimsy admittedly. Speak to Barry Atkinson at Sarik Hobbies as he is likely to source a replacement for you.(info@automobiles.com) I used 1/32 ply as doublers around the formers and along the lower sections above the keel adding balsa gussetts to assist adhesion. Did much the same behind the nose area and then put fibreglass and resin in for extra strength. As there is nearly 6lbs of lead in the nose anyway, the extra reinforcing means a little less church roof is needed. ;)

Geoff
aka Motley