• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Who's Building What 2019

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
Barry_Cole

Re: Who's Building What 2019

Post by Barry_Cole »

chris williams wrote: 22 Dec 2018, 00:32 And besides...the Wookie boasted he was going finish his Wolf by Christmas :) :) (Yes, this Christmas!)
Easter then. It was all going so well.

:) :D :D :D
BC
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Philkiteflyer wrote: 22 Dec 2018, 02:52
chris williams wrote: 22 Dec 2018, 00:32 And besides...the Wookie boasted he was going finish his Wolf by Christmas :) :) (Yes, this Christmas!)
:o :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best laugh all day . . . thanks.
Phillip C

(Now back to the workshop to finish my project . . . . only started it in 2009 . . good things take time ;) )
As long as you had a laugh, it was all worth it... 2009????, even I am not that slow.
Philkiteflyer

Post by Philkiteflyer »

As long as you had a laugh, it was all worth it... 2009????, even I am not that slow.

:( :( :( So it seems.

My excuse is I am easily distracted . . . I am a GREAT starter . . . finishing is more difficult.

Have a good'un, and stay warm.

Phillip C
(We have Summer Xmas's.)
"Keep it simple stupid"
Dave Cooper

Post by Dave Cooper »

Nice one Nigel. It has given me the spur to get going with my Spalinger. (Workshop floor is now levelled and painted and I took delivery of the carbon-fibre tub for my sportscar last week, so, no more excuses for not getting the modelling stuff down from the loft !)
Compliments of the season to all,
Dave
ps still got one more stage to do for the x-country endorsement. The paperwork for the MotorFalke's Annual is taking an age
John Mcnamara

Post by John Mcnamara »

Well, I am building a Keil Kraft Elmira. OK, I know its not scale, but it has a lot of personal significance for me. Like lots of people I started learning on gliders such a the trusty Veron Impala. The guy who taught me to fly was building an Elmira as per the the original kit. When he flew it, the sight of it soaring was new experience for me as it "looked" scale. I was hooked and from that time on my interest in kippers waned and I looked for scale gliders to build. (not that there were many back then)
So then, 50 years later I come accross Replikit and decide on a trip of pure nostalgia. However, with several models on the board needing completion, I decided this winter would be the appropriate time to build my Elmira.
So with that plan set in mind I came accross just such a kit on the BMFA, at a better price than the new kit, so I quickly made the purchase.
After a week of happy balsa bashing I have a nice smooth fuselage and some tail feathers. So, once the Christmas festivities are over the wing will be started. I have decided on two modificatons ( well quite a few actually). The main one is to give her ailerons. I remember quite well that when a turn was require you needed to send a telegram. It was numb on the rudder. And it had no airbarakes, so landing was a hastle. Mine will have both.
I have also dispensed with with the banded on wing and will use a peg at the front with a nylon bolt at the back of the wing. And I am making the talplane and fin removable with a single bolt at the back. This is just to make storage and transport easier and safer.
My hope is to take my old friend Eric one day next summer and give hime a go on the sticks. He doesn't fly any more because he is getting frail, but it will be a nice thing to do whilst he is still around.
Merry Christmas.
John
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

Plan ordered for the Mike Trew Breguet Fauvette and will shortly be ordering the laser cut kit from Ciff for Chris's Scheibe A-Spatz.

Whether either will be finished this year is another matter .......
VinceC
Site Admin

Post by VinceC »

Goliardia Construction Help
Attachments
GoliardiaCostruzione.jpg
VinceC
Site Admin

Post by VinceC »

Message sent - On one of my photos it appears at least the rudder cables come out of the fuselage between the booms
chris williams

Post by chris williams »

The Flamingo proceeds apace...
Attachments
P1050397 copy.jpg
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Keep it away from the Duster.....

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

BC