• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Chris Williams Flamingo

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
steve white1

Chris Williams Flamingo

Post by steve white1 »

Hi just started building a Chris Williams 5mt Flamingo, could anyone tell me which way up the tail plane spar gos as its flat on one edge and tapered on the other.
I am assuming the flat side is the bottom but cant find any info on plan or build topics.
Cheers
chris williams

Re: Chris Williams Flamingo

Post by chris williams »

Steve, the top of the tailplane is flat, and the undersides taper
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Unless you are flying inverted

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

BC
steve white1

Post by steve white1 »

Ha! wont be doing much inverted flying with this one.
Thanks Chris for the clarification.
Steve.
steve white1

Post by steve white1 »

Cracking on with the flamingo build now, tail feathers all ready for covering, decided to fit two 7Kg wing servos in the tail to operate the elevators, really easy, just connect two servo leads when bolting on the tail.
Got one fus half built now as well.
A bit of advise please, is it better to build the other fus half on the board and then join the two, or build the second half directly onto the first half.
Thanks.
Attachments
20190129_152319.jpg
20190129_152340.jpg
20190129_152345.jpg
20190129_152415.jpg
chris williams

Post by chris williams »

I have always fitted the second set of formers directly to the first side. Make sure you check as you go that the fuselage remains straight...

Question: do you have all build pics and instructions?
steve white1

Post by steve white1 »

Hi Chris.
I have the build article from the quiet and electric flight mag. and I am using the build thread from this site.
The plan is very good and has a lot of info on it so its just the odd problem to overcome, as with all plan builds.
I have built quite a few models from plans mostly big warbirds but never built a big glider, and its the first one I have built with the fuselage in two halves, hence the question on joining them.
Thanks for the advice.