• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Let Model Retracts

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
Antonia

Re: Let Model Retracts

Post by Antonia »

Hi Elliot, he is moving house at the moment and building a new workshop facility so you can't buy anything at the moment, his home page says he will be at the Schwabmünchen meeting, after then he should be starting to get back to normal, so any time now as the meeting is now over.

Antonia
paulj

Post by paulj »

I can recommend google translate for translation to/from German. It isn't perfect, but it is understandable!
Elliot Howells

Post by Elliot Howells »

Thanks for that, I'll definitely get my next retract from Dietmar at Wemo, I've ordered an off the shelf Fema jobby from Hollein, didn't want to be out of service for the best part of the summer...

http://www.fema-modelltechnik.de/Neue_D ... ngl_4s.pdf

I've gutted the Let retract so I can use the side plates to mount the new unit into, making good use of the strength rather than making weakening holes in it :)

Then to rehinge the blooming doors, again...
Elliot Howells

Post by Elliot Howells »

Had a really nice email from Dietmar at Wemo, he's out of the game until October, if you haven't seen his products, go and have a look, really nice stuff.

I've now fitted my FES friendly Fema retract into the ASH, I'll take a few photos once the servo is fitted too, I'm going to have to modify the seat pan a little, which is frustrating but unavoidable. I now have a couple of inches of clearance at take off attitude, so hopefully no more broken props.

Oh, couldn't use the Let retract side plates to mount the fema unit, the wheel moves in a completely different arc so the front of the unit sits a bit further forward...

Cheers, Ell.