• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Paritech Ash 26 4.5m or Paritech DG600

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
Mark Wilcockson

Paritech Ash 26 4.5m or Paritech DG600

Post by Mark Wilcockson »

My minds turning to next summer and thinking about my first fully moulded glider

Any experiences of the Paritech Ash or DG would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Mark
NeilTarver

Re: Paritech Ash 26 4.5m or Paritech DG600

Post by NeilTarver »

Hello Mark

I have flown a Paritech DG600 off the slope for four years now and can thoroughly recommend one. Like you I was looking for quality 4.5 to 5.0 metre sailplane and had narrowed the choice down to the Paritech 1:4 scale ASH26 or the 1:3.5 scale DG600. The Paritech 1:3.5 ASH26 was not available five years ago. After much consultation with John McNamara (Soarstream) who by the way has a 1:4 scale ASH26 and highly recommends it, I went with the DG600 simply because I wanted the larger glider.

As I have mentioned I only fly off the slope and I find I can comfortably fly the DG600 in light through moderately strong conditions She is stable, has a broad speed range, and is a very good thermal machine. People have commented about the very narrow wing tip cord and tip stalling but she has no nasty tendencies and in fact is quite benign. A 1:3.5 scale (a little over 5.0 metres) she is pretty easy to self-launch being 8.3 kg and the slender fuselage section also helps get a good grip. The airframe is robust (mine is constructed with carbon D box) and quality very good.

For me my DG600 is a keeper. The size and performance mean I can self-launch and fly in a variety of conditions. But suggest you have a chat with John McNamara who is an agent for Paritech in the UK. John will be able to give a much more thorough Paritech product review than I. The 1:3.5 ASH26 might be interesting. I would also strongly recommend working through John. He is an agent for FW Models as well.

Regards

Neil
Mark Wilcockson

Thanks Neil

Really useful. I am going to see John next week as he lives quite close.

I am tempted by the DG but also wondered about the narrow wings so your comments are reassuring It’s going to be a hard decision but I may be swung by the larger span too

Initially I was looking at a FW Model but the delivery time was a bit too long

Many thanks once again

Mark
john greenfield

Post by john greenfield »

Hi Mark

How about one of these ?

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2749&sid=bbe675a9d ... ee1#p24452

I am having a bit of a clear out of my workshop to make way for new builds.

AEB
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)
NeilTarver

Post by NeilTarver »

Mark

I also have an FW Models ASW27 and it is an excellent sailplane and in my opinion the quality is a level above Paritech and Let Models (I have a Discus 2C). However I gained experience on a Valenta ASW20 and the DG600 before migrating to 1:3 scale. At the end of the day your decision will involve many factors and while I strongly recommend the DG600 an FW Models sailplane will be undoubtedly worth the wait.

Good decision to go and see John.

Regards
Mark Wilcockson

john greenfield wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 20:09 Hi Mark

How about one of these ?

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2749&sid=bbe675a9d ... ee1#p24452

I am having a bit of a clear out of my workshop to make way for new builds.

AEB

Thanks John. I quite enjoy putting them together so was looking to go new. I will have a think over the weekend though

Mark
Mark Wilcockson

NeilTarver wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 20:40 Mark

I also have an FW Models ASW27 and it is an excellent sailplane and in my opinion the quality is a level above Paritech and Let Models (I have a Discus 2C). However I gained experience on a Valenta ASW20 and the DG600 before migrating to 1:3 scale. At the end of the day your decision will involve many factors and while I strongly recommend the DG600 an FW Models sailplane will be undoubtedly worth the wait.

Good decision to go and see John.

Regards
Neil. I originally was looking at the FW ASW17

But with a lead time of 12 months I would miss next season. Next time maybe

Mark