• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Old German 3-views

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
VinceC
Site Admin

Old German 3-views

Post by VinceC »

You may have come across old 3-views during your searches which come from an old German book "Deutsche Segelflugzeug". I was recently sent printouts of the pages, so I have scanned all 58 of them into a pdf for you to download as a reference

Go to this link, which will expire at the end of the year.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w8lfibzcryu5l ... g.pdf?dl=0
Attachments
img20201126_10543258.jpg
john greenfield

Re: Old German 3-views

Post by john greenfield »

Thanks for posting this Vince. It's great to be able to look through the info on each design.....Gets the juices flowing for the next model.....after the Wunderlust.

AEB
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)
BrianF

Post by BrianF »

Thanks Vince, appreciate that.
Der Himmel ist blau und die Luft ist gut!
www.seqsa.net
Paul_Williams

Post by Paul_Williams »

Full marks Vince for making these drawings available to a wider audience - the Ha.III was new to me (was the fin and rudde really that small Vince ??).
Nice to see the Condors - a type that deserves to be modelled more often

Magazine 3 views of this era are often wildly inaccurate and these drawings are a great deal better - especially the plan views. However, some side views are a bit iffy.

The Mu.17 for example, is an accurate copy of the 3 view that accompanies original Akaflieg Munchen documentation - however that original 3 view[/u] is nothing like the construction drawings or the glider as it was actually built ! (I discussed the Mu17 with Martin Simons who
confirmed he didn't have access to the original drawings when he produced his book) .

The side view of the Mu.13d is decidedly off - compare with Martin Simons accurate drawing.

I was intrigued to see that the revised Goppingen Go.1 Wolf, with slots forward of the ailerons, had a totally new rudder - does anyone have a photo of this ?

These drawings are a curious collection, being dated 1941. They includes some one off types such as the Moazagotl and Fafnir 2, plus a lot of quite old types, yet more recent designs are omitted.

Paul
Wilgafan

Post by Wilgafan »

Thanks Vince..very nice book!

Albert