• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

C of G on Flair ASK8

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
Louis Rex

C of G on Flair ASK8

Post by Louis Rex »

Hello, can anyone tell me where the correct C of G is for this glider. I need to update servo,s and control linkage and fit a better receiver, life battery and tow release.
Thank you.
Louis
Peter Balcombe

Re: C of G on Flair ASK8

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Louis,
I found this thread on a Flair K8 build which mentioned that the Flair manual states 82-92mm behind the LE.
Hopefully, it’s the same model as you have.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showth ... ress/page2
Louis Rex

Post by Louis Rex »

Thank you Peter,
Checked the link you gave me spot on. What a brilliant forum. Happy flying when we resume soon.
John Mcnamara

Post by John Mcnamara »

Louis I had two of these gliders and both flew well. It is very safe witht he quoted CG range. However, I considered the CG too far forward., as it wanted to ballon anytime I put any speed on. As a result I packed up the LE of the taiplane a bit and I was then able to move the CG back a little at a time. The result was a more relaxing plane to fly with a wider speed range.
John
Louis Rex

Post by Louis Rex »

Hello John,
Just picked up your advice on the K8, thank you very much indeed for taking the time, I will try out these mods once I have finished the quick refit. I intend to join the NYMRSC and fly at the Hole of Hocum this year. As a boy the family moved to Pickering when I was 9 so I know the area well cycled there many times.
Stay safe and soaring when we can.
Louis