• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Rosenthal Flugmodelle

Problems with suppliers? Then post here.
Antonia

Rosenthal Flugmodelle

Post by Antonia »

Warning
If you are considering purchasing anything from Rosenthal Flugmodelle, think very carefully!...

Following the elevator pushrod failure at the first Middle Wallop aerotow meeting back in May I near wrote off my 5th scale ASH 25 fuselage.

I placed an order for a new fuselage in May, order was accepted, in June a request for payment was made for the fuselage and delivery - 384 Euros.... It then went totally quite, in early July after a few unanswered emails I was told they were making the fuselage for delivery in the second week of July, it never happened, again after more unanswered email and contact via their website, and no delivery at the beginning of September I started a PayPal dispute for non-delivery of goods. Today I got my funds refunded by PayPal thankfully.

There is talk on the German forums about Rosenthal non delivery of goods, further rumours are that they have stopped trading, but here's the heads up their website is still up and offering goods for sale!....

A definate case of buyer beware, you might not be as lucky as me in getting your money back, just a "heads up"

Antonia
Jolly Roger

Re: Rosenthal Flugmodelle

Post by Jolly Roger »

Sorry for your stress Antonia.

I noticed that their website has recently dropped the kit option (including wings/tails etc) - it seems to be just fuselages only. Or not, as the case may be.
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

In my case, the fuselage not!...

It filled me with more dread when I went back to the site to take a screen grab for evidence of the 5 mtr ASH 25 the page had gone!...

Small print on PayPal dispute/claim process, custom made items are not covered, if you order a fuselage and it's quoted as custom made/to order you might find yourself not covered if things go wrong....

Just saying, I think I've been quite lucky in getting my funds back!..
Simon WS

Post by Simon WS »

Really glad PayPal refunded your money anyway Antonia

Simon