• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Non scale glider motor

Fans and Thermals.
Graham Stanley

Non scale glider motor

Post by Graham Stanley »

Help please.... Sorry this is a non scale question..
The Hacker B20 10S and gearbox in my Supra died at the weekend, the gearbox gave up after a hard life. The Supra has a small diameter fuselage, and is a 3.7m F5J electric soarer.
Any ideas for a replacement motor, capable of at least 500W for 30 seconds?
Thanks
Graham
terry white

Re: Non scale glider motor

Post by terry white »

hi Grayham, dont think you can better what you had, Send the whole thing back to Hacker for a price on a refurbish. Their turn around is good and proberly not so much as a new lesser motor anyway! Also you can purchase a new gearbox as a separate item, and the fitting is a dodle. Terry.
Graham James

Post by Graham James »

Graham

Tried sending you a pm but maybe you're not signed up for that service as my message is just sitting in my outbox.

I have a Hacker A20 8XL, which came from a Supra. It was set up for F5J so gets to about 170 metres in 30 seconds on a 3s 1300 pack (you don't want to get to the full 200 metres for F5J), with a 23 x 10 carbon prop, if you are interested.

Let me know, I can send you pics. There is slight scuffing on the can as it is an outrunner.

Graham
RobbieB

Post by RobbieB »

Graham,

You don't 'send' PM's - they sit there in your outbox until the recipient collects them.
Graham James

Post by Graham James »

Thanks Robbie, I was confused by it just sitting there, thought something was amiss.

G