Don't forget to check your spam folder if you don't get an activation email after joining!!

Teakle ASW 20 3.5/1

Let us all watch your new project progress.
Martin Church

Re: Teakle ASW 20 3.5/1

Post by Martin Church »

Well after grilling Jeff & Chris at WS on Saturday I've ordered a Turnigy G60 motor & a YEP 80 esc
Surgery was performed on the nose of the 20 & soon it will be sporting an Aeronaut 16x10 folding prop.
It solves for me the question of where & how many Receiver packs I needed to get the CG where it should be with the bulk of that weight now being the motor & esc.
Pictures to follow after work. I've also trimmed my canopy frame down to a 6mm wide base. I just need to trim the fuselage rail around the canopy to suit.
Last edited by Martin Church on 28 Jun 2017, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.
VinceC
Site Admin

Post by VinceC »

Well said Cliff. This is a scale site. Harassy
Martin Church

Post by Martin Church »

Oh dear I've upset the purists :roll:
Martin Church

Post by Martin Church »

Cliff Evans wrote:Your not on your own mate!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
lol I guessed that.
If I can get this past them I promise to leave the pic 20 as th gliding gods intended.
chris williams

Post by chris williams »

Your not on your own mate!!!

That's two of you, then...you should form a club :D :D :D
Martin Church

Post by Martin Church »

Had a go at mounting the wings last night after drilling the incidence pins. Up to this point I hadn't truely realised how big this model is. Still need to couple the wing controls up to the servos & finalise the rx installation & it should be ready for its maiden.
Martin Church

Post by Martin Church »

Wing servo cover design taking shape on the 3d printer just building up the layers? Will be one piece eventually so you can screw servo to inside & bolt in place. Will also be printed in white not silver.
Attachments
E8368E3D-5665-4D4C-B13C-4F81C292836C.jpeg
Martin Church

Post by Martin Church »

Well I’ve hit a brick wall trying to the hinge these ailerons & flaps. I should never had listened when I was told to cut off the living hinged surfaces ☹️
I’ve tried several times to re hinge them but they are bowed & buckled & whatever I do they just won’t sit on the back of the wing like they did when they were attached. I’ve looked at trying to get trailing edge stock but nobody does it over 3 foot long.
I’m at my wits end with it I’m no builder & to be honest it’s very nearly up for sale!
Martin Church

Post by Martin Church »

The hinge was too stiff Cliff after I’d glassed the wing I put up a post & was advised to cut the hinges off & tape them in place. I didn’t think they would have bowed & buckled as they did tho & how the gap has been routed out there is little to no gap to allow the surface to deflect how it needs to.
Martin Church

Post by Martin Church »

Maybe cliff, carving a new set of waggly bits is the only fix & straightening out the hinge line of the wing & fitting a false edge that’s the only way I can straighten it all out.