• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Purbeck 1/3rd Scale DG800 Build Thread

Let us all watch your new project progress.
catwok

Re: Purbeck 1/3rd Scale DG800 Build Thread

Post by catwok »

Can't wait for the next report then Simon with flying shots! :D I did a similar job in getting my cg right but I got hold of some shot blast steel beads, I mixed the required amount into a paste using clear silicon sealant and spread a thin smear silicon in the nose area. Then moulded & pressed the mixture in. If I need to adjust the weight, it can be simply cut out with a Stanley blade.

Anyway good luck with the maiden and if it flys as good as it looks it won't be a problem....

Paul
terry white

Post by terry white »

Well done Simon,
Can you twist the Goodwin Vids team to video the maiden for us. with his expert camera work it should be quite something.
Going back to your nose weight,(caviar? :lol:) It is about now that you sit up in bed with a start and remember that you hadn't put the pilot and seat in when you balanced it. :roll:
Have a good maiden mate and if I'm not there as ground crew, give us all a blow by blow account of the day.

regards Terry
Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Bound to have Easterlies for a while then Simon 😏
Simon WS

Post by Simon WS »

I suspect you are right Peter - although the forecast for next Friday looks promising at the moment. Rest assured Terry video will be taken to (hopefully) catch a successful maiden.
It's quite handy balancing on the round wing joiner because I could just bolt a couple of flat supporting strips to the model carrier I knocked up and rest the joiner on them - I always find it pretty difficult balancing third scale and up gliders but this makes it easy. I have bolted a couple of bits of lead to the bolt I put in to make it nose heavy (yes, with the pilot Terry!) as there was a slight inaccuracy in wing tube on this prototype which caused the difficulties in the wing root alignment and meant the leading edge has a slight forward facing angle to it - so I want it nose heavy to compensate.
I normally end up taking mountains of lead out of my gliders whilst trimming them so I expect I will this time too.

Andy S send me some fabulous decals so I put those on this morning...

No excuse now really....

Si
Geoff Pearce

Post by Geoff Pearce »

Wow.........good luck Simon
terry white

Post by terry white »

One word--------- STUNNING
roo Hawkins

Post by roo Hawkins »

very nice simon.
Paul W

Post by Paul W »

terry white wrote: 07 Oct 2018, 19:10 Can you twist the Goodwin Vids team to video the maiden for us
We've got it covered Terry!

1f496e8ba30eae6cdfafcbf2ee785782.jpg

It's looking superb Simon.... fingers crossed for good maiden conditions.
Simon WS

Post by Simon WS »

I had some fun slope flying with a fully ballasted F3F model today but the DG maiden will have to wait a while - 28 to 40mph winds and a turbulent landing area meant there was just too much risk to try it...

Simon
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

You were lucky that it was calm enough to fly a ballast F3f model, up here it was so windy (40 to 55) you could have flown a Dg800. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously, its a good looking model Si.
Brian. :) :) :)