• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

frsky RB-10

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
jack

frsky RB-10

Post by jack »

Hi all,just got an rb-10 redundancy bus..nice bit of kit,however,l was not too impressed to find that l will need to solder the leads from my two battery packs on to two VERY small solder pads,easy enough if you are a dab hand with a soldering iron, :shock: :l would have thought Frsky could have fitted a plug on each side to plug into,my soldering is definitely of the agricultural variety,usually carried out with a screaming hot 100 watt iron :oops: oh well,burnt fingers again :?
Peter Balcombe

Re: frsky RB-10

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Jack,
I agree with Cliff, especially if all you have is a 100w soldering iron and limited soldering experience.
The contacts are quite small and close together, so easy to bridge the contacts/overheat & take them off altogether - thereby probably destroying the unit.

I would suggest either changing the unit whilst still in perfect condition, or finding someone nearby who can do the soldering for you.