• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Ouch

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
MDev

Ouch

Post by MDev »

Nigel Argall

Re: Ouch

Post by Nigel Argall »

Truly, totally terrifying. And to think we think that launching with the Tx switched off is bad...
COLSON

Post by COLSON »

Let me see,,,,,pre flight checks,,,,,,,,glider,,check,,,,,big hill,,,,check,,,,paying customer,,,check,,,,,pointy sharp trees,,,,,check,,,,,,for the life of me I'm sure there is something else,,,,,,what the heck,,,,,,,,,RUN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,OH B****r !!!!!!
Jolly Roger

Post by Jolly Roger »

I'm amazed he hung on for that long. Few adults can hang from a fixed bar for more than 30 seconds, never mind from a swaying frame in a 30knot breeze. Holding on by one hand, as he did for a few brief moments, is even harder... usually less than 4 seconds. No wonder he fractured his wrists and tore tendons. Really glad he made it.
Elliot Howells

Post by Elliot Howells »

The fear of falling to one's death is a powerful driving force eh Rog?

Buttock clenching in the extreme. Can't work out why the instructor doesn't bail at low altitude initially rather than risk almost certain death from 500 feet or more...

Ell.
John Vella

Post by John Vella »

It is amazing the instructor having done the initial right turn did not go for a landing to the right of the road and houses along the slope, plenty of room ? Regards John.