• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Long paper drawings

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
Jilles

Long paper drawings

Post by Jilles »

As a followup what I mentioned in the Nimbus built thread some notes on paper drawings
Because they are printed on paper they shrink or expand subject to humidity and temperature
In my case the Nimbus outer wing print is 3 mm too long. (sheet is 1.7m long). Not a issue on the Nimbus built but if the location of parts depends on the drawing only, one can end up with a length difference between a L.H and R.H. wing. You start one wing in winter and the second in spring may make a difference
There is an option to make the prints on polyester film. Most professional printers have that material. The film is not subject to temp and moisture.
Disadvantage is cost but a bonus is that the film is transparent so you can use the same sheet for both wings. Glue or epoxy does not stick.
Maybe it is not so much an issue were you live, then just ignore this story but in my case it is so I thought to mention this.
VinceC
Site Admin

Re: Long paper drawings

Post by VinceC »

I like the transparent idea
terry white

Post by terry white »

Thanks for throwing a light on this phenomenal Jilles. I once built a gentle lady from a drawing on paper and the port wing came out 1Ft longer the the Starboard wing. I new there must have been a good reason. :D :D :D
Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Too much port Terry 🤭
Geoff Pearce

Post by Geoff Pearce »

It's a good job Terry doesn't go fishing,goodness nows how big the minow would be? :lol: :lol: :lol: