Milson Airstrip

The place discuss or announce scale soaring events in the UK.
Cliff Evans

Milson Airstrip

Post by Cliff Evans » 13 Mar 2019, 20:58

Dates for this year at Milson are as follows

June 21st to 23rd
September 20th to 22nd.

FrankS

Re: Milson Airstrip

Post by FrankS » 13 Mar 2019, 21:48

Top stuff, looking forward to it already.

harry curzon

Post by harry curzon » 15 Mar 2019, 08:05

Are they 3 day events, with flying on the Friday?

Ray Watts

Post by Ray Watts » 15 Mar 2019, 11:20

Hi Harry

Last year I NOTAM'd the Friday as well for the 2 events so I am planning to do the same this year. We did do some flying on the Fridays in a very laid back way and it is quite weather dependant, but a tug should be available to tow if wanted. The main part of the meeting is the weekend purely as that's when most people are there. What I am basically saying is that you can stay over the Friday until the Monday if you want to and you can fly any of these days (but the Monday will not be NOTAM'd so no high flying or towing, 400' max for over 7kg models). I wouldn't want to saturate the Friday as an all out full on event as this is a very rural area and I wouldn't want to be creating a lot of sudden noise for the 3 days, but like I say, a tug should be available for the Friday weather permitting if you want towing. Also you can fly other models if no towing is being done on the Friday/Monday so long as they are not too noisy

Cheers

Ray
It's always calmer indoors :D

terry white

Post by terry white » 15 Mar 2019, 12:58

Brill news Ray, on my calendar and hopefully see you all there. ;)

harry curzon

Post by harry curzon » 15 Mar 2019, 13:11

Thanks for clarifying it Ray

Paul Chisholm

Post by Paul Chisholm » 28 May 2019, 09:16

Hi Guys
Going to be on Holiday in UK from New Zealand and interested in visiting to watch the Aerotow can you please provide more detail of the location of the field??
Thanks in advance
Paul Chisholm
New Zealand

Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe » 28 May 2019, 13:22

Paul,
I’m sure that Ray Watts will be along soon to explain in detail, but google Milson airfield.
It’s near Cleobury Mortimer on the Worcestershire/Shropshire border,

RobbieB

Post by RobbieB » 28 May 2019, 18:20

I've sent Paul a Google Maps link together with GPS co-ords for the gate into the field.

Ray Watts

Post by Ray Watts » 28 May 2019, 21:19

Cheers Robbie.

HI Paul.

Milson is pretty remote but aim for Cleobury Mortimer and then follow the notes below. If you just follow your sat nav, you may have to breath in for the last few miles depending on your approach direction as the lanes round there can be very narrow, but these directions are much better.

From Cleobury Mortimer you take Tenbury Road for 3 miles until you get to a road sign with MILSON on it and also Max Speed 30 and a triangle with a parent and child shown. Then immediately there is a detached house with a large detached garage on the right, then a white cottage on the right then a row of terrace cottages on the right with the lane on the right just up the side. (There's a signpost on the left pointing right to Coreley and Clee Hill). This all within 100yds. Take the narrow lane for half a mile and Milson airstrip comes up on your right with a aeroplane picture sign by the road after the low flying aircraft sign.

Bear in mind that I get my motor home down this short lane but just keep a look out for local cars and tractors as they won't be expecting much traffic down there.

Please bring sunshine and light winds with you :-)

Ray
It's always calmer indoors :D