Don't forget to check your spam folder if you don't get an activation email after joining!!

WHITE SHEET SCALE 2019

The place discuss or announce scale soaring events in the UK.
Geoff Pearce

Re: WHITE SHEET SCALE 2019

Post by Geoff Pearce »

B****r!

Steve Fraquet

Post by Steve Fraquet »

Will do! :D

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Well, with 28 gusting 45mph forecast for tomorrow, F3F sounds the better bet! Here’s hoping for better next weekend.

chris williams

Post by chris williams »

With winds gusting 60mph, the eff-3effers tried today, but ultimately had to call it off... (truly, I feel their pain :cry: )

stuart wallace

Post by stuart wallace »

f3fBanner-300x144.png

Yep, try we did Chris, I thought yourself & fellow Scalies might like a summary of our day.

Arrived at Whitesheet this morning at around 8.30 & measured a steady 30 gusting to 35 mph W - WNW
Andy B & I walked out in advance of everyone, to the very far end of 'Morgans' .
Whilst I set about marking / measuring out the course Andy had a fly to test the conditions. Within 5 minutes of him launching the wind had picked up significantly, this I recorded as 50- gusting to 55 mph :shock: .
Credit to Andy, he stuck with it for several more minutes in what would best be described as being a bit of 'challenging air' :) .
After a few more minutes of being truly battered by the wind, Andy's quick & crisp footwork to keep his balance would have scored him a perfect 10 on 'Strictly' :)
While taking a further windmeter reading it had now averaged a steady 55 - 60, with a highest measured gust of 68 mph :shock: :shock: THUD !
By now watching Andy's deft footwork to keep himself upright was like watching Michael Flatley in Riverdance :lol:
With the wind still picking up, Andy then brought his model around to score a perfect 10 landing .

The result......….a round of applause to Andy & Comp cancelled :cry: .

Wishing yourself & fellow Scalies a 'cracking' first Whitesheet Scale day of 2019 next Sunday.

Windswept Stu. Whitesheet Comp Sec.

Steve Fraquet

Post by Steve Fraquet »

Excellent report Stuart, I just hope we have a better day than you had...……….that is unless Chris calls it off !!!! :lol:

stuart wallace

Post by stuart wallace »

The day was a memorable experience Steve :) lol

I'm glad you enjoyed my words about the day :)

Keeping my fingers crossed for a very enjoyable & successful Whitsheet scale day this Sunday .

Stu.

chris williams

Post by chris williams »

Sunday's Scale Fly-In is ON! Expect plenty of wind. Management have promised chocolate cake and doughnuts. ;)
Attachments
white sheet scale II copy.jpg

stuart wallace

Post by stuart wallace »

Hope you had a 'Cracking' Scale day today, looking forward to seeing lots of pics please :)

Stu.

Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

But did many actually get to fly?