• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Returning member

Just joined the forum? Please introduce yourself here..
IJNoble

Returning member

Post by IJNoble »

Hello All,
My name's Ian Noble and I'm a returning member since I didn't realize that my membership had lapsed.

I have been around full size gliding all of my life as both my mother and father flew them and I have a particular interest in the vintage sailplanes. My Dad also introduced me into aeromodelling at a very young age and it has always been apart of my life for almost 50 years now. About 17 years ago, I discovered scale aerotowing and initially started towing with a Zenoah G38 powered Stik style model. That same model is still going strong today, although has been modified and re-engined a couple of times. Not too long after, I made the switch over to the opposite end of the line and have been flying a 1/4 scale Kirby Kite for quite a few years now.

I grew up in Lincolnshire and emigrated to the USA in 1993. I now been living in Pennsylvania for the past few years.

Cheers,
Ian
IJNoble

Re: Returning member

Post by IJNoble »

Hi Cliff,
Glad to be back. I will promise to post more and to build faster!

Cheers,
Ian
Zman713

Re: Returning member

Post by Zman713 »

Fancy meeting you here buddy. I was hoping to at least run into you at SERA this year but apparently its not happening. Let me know if you are going to attend anything a little further south into my corner of the country. IVe got the Ka8 flight ready now, I am planning on putting some accent color on it though. I was rather upset to hear about SERA AFTER I purchased my first legit aerotow sailplane. IVe got a fleet of powered sailers, scale and sport, but this is my 1st pure aerotow gem. Anywho, stay in touch, you got my number. I've GOT to get this bird soaring this summer and am willing to make a trip of it. The university is closed next month so something in May would be perfect.

Keep in touch man,
Robert Zimmerman
Zman713