• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

CAA Registration Petition

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
eric friend

Re: CAA Registration Petition

Post by eric friend »

Well done Cliff.
Even though a meeting is being arranged between the Baroness and the BMFA, I shall still send her a polite but firm letter.
Shame you couldn't make it to Buckminster this weekend, I'll be driving there from the soft Southeast with Swarrans and his 1/3rd csale ASH26 for his first aerotow with it.
See you at Middle Wallop in a couple of weeks.
Cheers,
Eric
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

I hope you both have a great weekend.

:D :D :D :D

BC
eric friend

Post by eric friend »

Good morning Barry.
Yes, we had an excellent day yesterday meeting up with flying acquaintences old and new.
As we were further north than the events that we normally attend, it was a good opportunity to put real faces to names that we have long seen on the forum.
Once again the Ghosties put on an excellent event, so we are looking forward to the first Middle Wallop session in two weeks time.
Safe flying,
Eric
Mary Evans

Post by Mary Evans »

I think there is a valid concern here, It would seem that nothing in hobbies is sacred any more, especially if there is an opportunity for someone to make a profit. I do so hope that something happens to prevent the deception of the the currently well managed and well used model airspace.
Mike F

Post by Mike F »

Thanks, Cliff, for your steer. Mails sent as suggested.

Regards
Mike
eric friend

Post by eric friend »

Some of you will already have seen this interview with Jonathan Nicholson, Deputy Director Communications for the CAA, but for those of you who haven't, it's an interesting video.

Note: This is the full length version of the interview as the video circulating earlier in the month and posted on other sites, was truncated in the upload, five minutes short of the end.

Eric
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

It sounds much more to do with selling airspace to Amazon etc, than safety issues.

I have yet to see or hear anything in these proposals that will aid safety..

BC
VinceC
Site Admin

Post by VinceC »

Instead of using us as whipping boys, maybe the solution will come from the drone industry itself. Read this article:
https://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2019/05/its-a ... to-planes/
chris williams

Post by chris williams »

Good initiative, Cliff...well done