• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Battery backer

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
Jolly Roger

Re: Battery backer

Post by Jolly Roger »

Thanks Peter and Antonia.

Those switches look nice but as my main aim is reliability I think I'll stick with directly plugging the batteries into the receiver (via diodes). This minimises connections and component count.

It is a bit fiddlier than switches every time I want to fly, but the first models I'm converting to 2.4 are all large with accessible receivers - even my big hands fit.

When I get round to my smaller models where space is tight, I may try the T9 switches Antonia mentioned - they have a nice battery backer function too.

Thanks again.
Rog
jimbo

Re: Battery backer

Post by jimbo »

[quote="Jolly Roger" post_id=23245 time=1560001766 user_id=497]
Thanks Peter and Antonia.

Those switches look nice but as my main aim is reliability I think I'll stick with directly plugging the batteries into the receiver (via diodes). This minimises connections and component count.

It is a bit fiddlier than switches every time I want to fly, but the first models I'm converting to 2.4 are all large with accessible receivers - even my big hands fit.

When I get round to my smaller models where space is tight, I may try the T9 switches Antonia mentioned - they have a nice battery backer function too.

Thanks again.
Rog
[/quote]

On bigger models i do away with switches now, and just solder a multiplex greenie to the battery. Remove the greenie to disconnect and no wear on the RX or battery connections. If you then use diodes you can also charge by building a standard charge lead you make up to plug into you greenie so bypassing the diodes. With a two batt system has the advantage the battery and rx connection is fully redundant to the RX. This is not the case with the jeti bec 2, with 1 lead into RX. Obviosuly you need a spare input into the RX. I use two LiIons that a wired using a standard 4S balance lead and i can charge them and balance as a 4s pack from one input to the battery charger.