• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

horus 10s express battery meter

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
mick a

horus 10s express battery meter

Post by mick a »

hi gents
does anyone know what the battery meter should be set at , i have it at 6.0v- 7.4v on the radio settings
also on the widget battery , how should the numbers be they seem to go from 1024 to -1024
i don’t even know what that means, although the widget always shows 53%
any ideas or knowledge would be great
thanks
mick
Peter Balcombe

Re: horus 10s express battery meter

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Probably not a co-incidence that the 1024/-1024 numbers are likely to be the internal analogue to digital conversion range in bits (1024 is a 10 bit measurement scale, 0-1023).
Not sure how you get to display that data instead of voltage though!
I have heard that it is worth calibrating the Tx battery voltage reading though by measuring the actual battery voltage with a digital multimeter & then adjusting the displayed measurement to agree.
Peter
mick a

Post by mick a »

thanks gents
have set battery meter , when i went into widgets, i was choosing source and the scrolling to batt , that’s when it came up with 53%, found the correct one now 👍
i’ve been loading images, i loaded on to sd card and put back in radio
there is just one that won’t load to radio for some reason, it’s on the sd card on images
but won’t go onto radio when i choose, all the others done no prob
again any ideas ?
thanks for for all your help
after a steep curve i have a opentx mindset now
mick
mick a

Post by mick a »

thanks
will try that , i just thought with it being on the card it would go onto radio
mick a

Post by mick a »

that worked
reduced all to pixel size you said, and all worked
also i tried with a y-lead on s-bus with two decoders, so had another 8 servos working on the 8 channel receiver,
has anyone got any idea what maximum battery i can use in the receiver ? lipo etc
MDev

Post by MDev »

I have my battery set on Global Functions, 6-8.4v and used the widgets for flying info. [attachment=0]B36834CD-F642-4EBE-959B-F72E2E86DB96.jpeg[/attachment]
Attachments
B36834CD-F642-4EBE-959B-F72E2E86DB96.jpeg
MDev

Post by MDev »

Sorry, didn’t answer fully, max rx voltage is 10v, which may well be more than most HV servos? Lowest is 3v which is handy for dlgs using one cell. I’m using a LiPo 2s in one glider which is 8.4v when fully charged, I have an SBEC in the switch down to 6v. Most sensor values can go onto global functions and set as ‘play value’ to save doing it for each individual glider.

Have fun.
M