• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Glider bag

Place your Wanted adverts here.
barry h

Re: Glider bag

Post by barry h »

I use a Ski bag . They come in various sizes from 2mtr up . I have one for 2 pairs of skis, can get 2 x1/4 scalies in it. Carry it up hill like a big handbag ducky ! I think they do a shoulder strap for them. Also helps when traveling to keep everything in one place.
I also have a Staufenbiell Glider bag ( large size ) its on their website, or try Topmodell fr site. I can get a 4mtr ASH 26 Multiplex in it and am fairly shure you could get a 3-3mtr f3f type model at a squeeze. Go's on your back like a rucksack.

Hope this helps.
Barry
John Vella

Post by John Vella »

RobbieB wrote: 08 Nov 2019, 10:17 John, does this stuff have the foil on both sides or just one?
Robbie, just on one side. It certainly does the job with the money saved on posh bags to spend on the airframe. Regards John.
Dave1234

Post by Dave1234 »

barry h wrote: 08 Nov 2019, 10:54 I use a Ski bag . They come in various sizes from 2mtr up . I have one for 2 pairs of skis, can get 2 x1/4 scalies in it. Carry it up hill like a big handbag ducky ! I think they do a shoulder strap for them. Also helps when traveling to keep everything in one place.
I also have a Staufenbiell Glider bag ( large size ) its on their website, or try Topmodell fr site. I can get a 4mtr ASH 26 Multiplex in it and am fairly shure you could get a 3-3mtr f3f type model at a squeeze. Go's on your back like a rucksack.

Hope this helps.

Barry

Hi Barry I’ve already made wing bags out of the same stuff
It’s a bag to put it all into to carry the models up the slope , that I’m after I’ll look into a ski bag , it’s finding one long enough
RobbieB

Post by RobbieB »

John Vella wrote: 08 Nov 2019, 13:46
RobbieB wrote: 08 Nov 2019, 10:17 John, does this stuff have the foil on both sides or just one?
Robbie, just on one side. It certainly does the job with the money saved on posh bags to spend on the airframe. Regards John.
Cheers John, just what I wanted to hear.
john slater

Post by john slater »

I have seen very similar material ( it looks the same ) in Aldi this week, a 7.5 metre roll ( 600mm wide ) is £8.99, well worth a look I have insulated inside my modelling shed with it.
John
barry h

Post by barry h »

Dave . A few pics that may help.
My Ski Bag is the 2 ski size, they make them a lot bigger, and there's loads of them on ebay . Might even get myself another one.
In the pic of mine you can see it with a Topmodell Swift 3.7mts and a Purbeck ASW 27 4mts in it. I scalie and a f3f type model would be no problem. I use mine to keep everything together in the car/van when travelling. You can pack it at your leisure and the just chuck it in the car/van when ready. Mine is 76" long.
The other holder can be seen with the Swift in/on it . I also use this when travelling. I can get a Luna 2mt, Blade xl 2.5mtr and an Acacia 3 in it . And is 67" long.

To be fair I only use park and fly sites these days.

Hope this helps.

Barry
Attachments
IMG_0867.JPG
IMG_0868.JPG
IMG_0871.JPG
IMG_0873.JPG
IMG_0875.JPG
IMG_0876.JPG