• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Annual inspection and storage.

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
B Sharp

Annual inspection and storage.

Post by B Sharp »

Every year as we head into winter I carry out an inspection on my fleet of aircraft (17 at present), do repairs, check plugs and servos, condition batteries and clean the airframes ready for the next season. Yes, I know that it is me writing this! Does anyone else go through this routine as well or is it really just me?
As part of the process I check and cycle by batteries, Lipo, Nimh and Life, before giving them a storage charge. Most Lipo manufacturers give details of a storage charge and my charger is able to facilitate this. However I have found conflicting information on how best to store both the Nimh and Life batteries.
Does anyone have a definitive course of action for these cells?
Brian. :D :?
MDev

Re: Annual inspection and storage.

Post by MDev »

The question of how many gliders you have is, well, .....personal. It’s akind to admitting the world into your private life! How can you expect us to keep our lives from our other halves and how much we spend if you go telling the world? :D

Cycling is popular these days?
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

I do some of that as well Mark. Wifey knows that I have a shedfull but not necessarily the cost. Modelling is my lifelong passion but I am also into Photography, classic cars, hill walking, gardening, travelling, music, badminton, bridge. etc ( not all at the same time).Basically, I CANT STOP BUILDING GLIDERS.
Brian. :D :D :D :D :D
terry white

Post by terry white »

Guys, When I die, please don't let the wife sell my models for the amount I told her I bought them for. :lol: :lol: :lol:
geoff_crew

Post by geoff_crew »

Terry, just mention you have only just realised they've all quadrupled in value potentially due to brexit. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Geoff
aka Motley
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

It is just as well that I am doing my annual CofA. So far I have found three dodgy plugs with wires hanging by a thread, one very, very sad Nimh receiver pack, two blown Lipo packs and a badly cracked tailplane. The tailplane problem is on the last of my all-moulded racing machines which usually gets thrashed round the sky on blowy days. (That was a real accident just waiting to happen). I have also found two of my older models where the slop on a couple of surfaces is excessive this being down to metal clevises wearing away at epoxyboard horns.
Well worth the effort so far don't you think?
Brian. :( :) :( :)
Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Always a good move to find ‘accidents waiting to happen’ before they come into effect.
Gives more confidence in the first flight of a new season as well :)