• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Phoenix ASK 21 6.5 mtr test flight

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
Euan Galloway

Phoenix ASK 21 6.5 mtr test flight

Post by Euan Galloway »

Test flew my ASK today hand launched off my local slope , went really well now needs the brake on the esc setting and a bit more aileron movement.
Euan Galloway

Re: Phoenix ASK 21 6.5 mtr test flight

Post by Euan Galloway »

First landing a non event
Euan Galloway

Post by Euan Galloway »

No loops rolls or turbine, a first for me ??
Cliff Evans

Post by Cliff Evans »

Well done!
https://lasercutsailplanes.co.uk
https://patteaklegliders.co.uk
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

Well done Euan, liked the wee dance at the end. Where were you flying - I noticed the bikes passing when you were on approach?
Brian.
Phill Tadman

Post by Phill Tadman »

Nice!
Chris Bowles

Post by Chris Bowles »

Very nice Euan, you looked pleased with the flight and landing ☺☺ are you going to keep it for next year's event 👍👍
Euan Galloway

Post by Euan Galloway »

Thanks chaps ,
Always wanted something large and totally impractical to chuck off the slope , this meets all criteria!! . Really happy with the first flights and will add a few tweaks to my settings both on the esc and some more aileron movement before flying off a flat field . The model needed a few modifications for longevity and to remove weight to comply with current under 20 kg rules ( sensibly changing to 25 kg ) later in the year. It was more nervous doing the final weight test than the test flights !! Came in with 10 s 4000 mah lipos at 19.8 kgs . Power available is 2600 watts but will increase with 12 s in the future . Yes the approach was entertaining when the bikes passed with loud music blaring out . We fly full-size at this site so plenty of space . Not an everyday slope model but will keep for the future.To the scale purists no turbine , loops or rolls were involved!!!!!