• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

TX setup for a 6 servo wing

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
Phill Tadman

TX setup for a 6 servo wing

Post by Phill Tadman »

hi all,

How do you set up your TX to control spoilers, flaps and ailerons for landing?

I'l be using a Futaba 14SG that has side sliders, and am used to having the motor throttle on a 3 pos switch.

Some suggestions I've heard:

1. Everything on the throttle stick, with spoilers coming up first, followed progressively by flaps down and then aileron crow up

2. Crow braking on a 3 pos switch, spoilers on throttle stick

3. Crow braking on a side slider, spoilers on throttle stick

Thinking of real gliders, I think they set a fixed flap position and then use spoilers to achieve the desired landing spot.

Any thoughts or advice most welcome!

P
Simon WS

Re: TX setup for a 6 servo wing

Post by Simon WS »

Personally I would want everything proportional on the throttle stick. Some of my gliders land as if on rails with this set up on the slope. However, as I did a succession of the worst landings I've ever done last time out at Middle Wallop perhaps I shouldn't comment! (seriously, I think the biggest factor is getting used to a model's particular characteristics and the type of flying - as I'm used to having a good blow on the slope slowing the model down I do find landing at a aerotow takes a bit of getting used to!)

Simon
Phill Tadman

Re: TX setup for a 6 servo wing

Post by Phill Tadman »

Thanks for your reply Simon.

I think you are right - try a few set ups and see what works best for each situation.

I can have multiple setups for a single glider and choose between them using the model select.

P