• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Battery life of Frisky 10S

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
MDev

Re: Battery life of Frisky 10S

Post by MDev »

It does seem rather a negative step from a firm that gave us so much innovation?

I will try a connector and three cell li on battery holder with single cells and see if that’ll give me a charge in the field?

Thanks for your help.
M
MDev

Post by MDev »

The X10 has a pin connector for the charger to tx connection, anyone know what they are called and which would fit?

Ta.
M
Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Mark,
Not sure what your connector looks like.
One source I saw mentioned a USB-C for a small oval connector that a charger plugged into, but the following link seems to refer to a simpler connector. Maybe they changed between X10 & X10S.
https://forum.alofthobbies.com/index.ph ... oject.398/
MDev

Post by MDev »

Thanks Peter, the story is still moving on. I talked to T9 who have suggested another battery which is on their site and listed for the Horus, same mah, same 2S li on but made by a different manufacturer, it is listed as a ‘upgrade’ but is the same size and output. They say you need a cable to protect the battery but I can’t find out why the charger and tx couldn’t cope with it. The connector needs to be moved into the battery bay.

Not sure why there isn’t a balance lead used?

M
Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Mark,
Just checked the T9 site & the only X12 spare battery listed is a 2000mAHr type.
If that is the same as in my very early X12 Horus, then it is a NiMh as I changed mine via T9 a few months ago.
The Horus board & battery have an internal 3 pin 0.1” pitch JST-XH connector (outer 2 pins used), but some of the other connectors on the charge board are 2mm pitch JST.
Maybe they have changed the spares battery pack since then?
MDev

Post by MDev »

See. https://www.t9hobbysport.com/frsky-horu ... ck-upgrade

It may be my logic that doesn’t see this as an upgrade?

M
Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Mark,
It does appear to be the same marked voltage & capacity as the standard one, so unless the original doesn’t perform as per the label, it doesn’t look much of an upgrade.
As you say, there is no individual cell connection - just overall pack.
I wonder if that is just a carry over from the previous Horus X12 NiMn pack use, before going to the Express versions.
One of the downsides of Frsky producing constant changes to their range is the detailed hardware tweaks.
Peter