• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Multiplex

Discussion about Tx, Rx, Servo's, Batteries, Chargers, and all the other things we like to talk about..
Moderator: VinceC
Beano123

Multiplex

Post by Beano123 »

My new Baudis ASW 22 has a 4 flap wing and two ailerons [2 flap and one aileron each side] and I want the inboard flap to be just flap and the outboard flap and aileron mixed.
I still only want the aileron control to be on the normal stick and the inboard and outboard flap to be on the spoiler and flap side controls so the spoiler control will do butterfly and the flap control dropping all surfaces for thermalling.

I have at present a Multiplex Cockpit 7 channel which I know cannot control and give me these mixes so I am thinking of purchasing a Multiplex Royal 9 or 16 channel but going through the on-line manual I cannot seem to find the way to do the mixes I need so all servos can be centered via the transmitter.

Can anybody help out with info?

Many thanks David
Barry_Cole

Re: Multiplex

Post by Barry_Cole »

Sorry, but I cannot stop myself...

Buy a Taranis...

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

BC
Beano123

Post by Beano123 »

Barry
Sounds a good idea and I would if I could get a good price for 32 Multiplex 2.4 receivers.

David
FrankS

Post by FrankS »

David, yes the Royal (or Sx) will do this quite easily, as you don't want to mix aileron with flap for the inner flaps you'd create a new mixer for the inner flaps (you could call it inner flap+) with inputs from spoilers and flap controls, but not ailerons, use the the supplied mixer template for the middle flaps with inputs from spoiler, flaps and aileron and the aileron+ mixer template for the ailerons. On the Royal you have the 5 standard mixer templates (all editable) plus you can create a further 9 mixers, each mixer having upto 5 inputs and each model memory can use upto 5 mixers plus the standard aileron-rudder mix and 2 control mixers.

You'd be better with the 16 as with a 6 servo wing, plus other controls, tow release and retract you'll soon run out of channels.

I went from a Cockpit to a Royal Pro, the Royal Pro is a big step up and is very flexible but it is different from the normal Far East radios and although the Cockpit uses some of the same philosophy the Royal Pro/SX is much, much more capable but some find the flexibility it offers a bit daunting as you tell it what you want to do rather than rely on the radio telling you how to program the plane.

PM me if you want me to call you to discuss.

Also if you do decide to go away from Multiplex let me know when you are selling your receivers too :D
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Beano123 wrote:Barry
Sounds a good idea and I would if I could get a good price for 32 Multiplex 2.4 receivers.

David
I had no trouble getting rid of my Mpx Receivers, The money I got more than covered the price of the Taranis, and all the receivers that I needed, plus some varios...

Also, Frsky and the OpenTX developers are contactable and helpful, which is more than can be said of Mpx these days.

:) :) :) :)

BC