• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Wing joiner

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
chris williams

Re: Wing joiner

Post by chris williams »

OK, the only situation where you might not need F6a is when you can guarantee that every landing will be perfect...! Otherwise, a crosswind landing is liable to pull the joiner box off the top of the fuselage. (Don't ask me how I know) Fitting F6a, with its Ali bracket, allows the bracket bolted to the wing joiner box to spread the landing loads down through F6a to the horizontal stringers below...
(Note: the attached photo is from the build of the smaller version of the Topaze)
Attachments
TOPAZE 1.jpg
TOPAZE 2.jpg
TOPAZE 3.jpg
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

Ok thanks I'll definitely need it in place then, can you confirm former f6a is just a copy of f6.
Cheers
chris williams

Post by chris williams »

No, it's a blend of F6 & F7. You should have a copy of it with the rest of the info, but I'll attach it here as well. This was a mod that occurred well after the plan was published, which is why it's not on the original drawing...
Attachments
F6a RETRO-FITTED FUSELAGE FORMER.pdf
(270.1 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

chris williams wrote: 06 Jan 2022, 23:39 No, it's a blend of F6 & F7. You should have a copy of it with the rest of the info, but I'll attach it here as well. This was a mod that occurred well after the plan was published, which is why it's not on the original drawing...
Thank you Chris 😊
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

Hi Chris can you just confirm what scale this f6a retro fit former is actually for as I might have got my wires crossed 🙈
chris williams

Post by chris williams »

That's for the 3.5 scale version...
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

Ah ok I've got the 1.3.5 scale 4.4m. Think this is where I've got confused, is the retro fit needed for this size
chris williams

Post by chris williams »

Yep, it's for both sizes...
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

Cool I'll try and not bother you anymore
But can't promise 🙈😁😅