• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

WHO'S BUILDING WHAT FOR 2021

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
Alex Tankink

Re: WHO'S BUILDING WHAT FOR 2021

Post by Alex Tankink »

Keith wrote: 08 Jan 2022, 12:33 Going to be 1/3 SHK when i get my health back.
Well I Wish you a speedy recovery and that you are able to get your health back and to make a start sooner rather than later.

Cheers
Alex
Cliff Evans

Post by Cliff Evans »

I totally agree with Alex. Keith, I hope your health returns to what you may consider to be normal for you soon.
https://lasercutsailplanes.co.uk
https://patteaklegliders.co.uk
NSWanderer

Post by NSWanderer »

Keith wrote: 08 Jan 2022, 12:33 Going to be 1/3 SHK when i get my health back.
Hi Keith,

All the very best to you, health-wise and hobby-wise. The SHK-1 is a fabulous subject - go for it!
NSWanderer

Post by NSWanderer »

Robcrad wrote: 17 Dec 2021, 15:18 I have just finished my Std Mucha 1/5 scale from Old gliders, now ready to be maidened. I have not flown a scale glider for many years so this may get interesting. I have fitted an aerotow release and hope to attend a few events next year to learn how to be towed.

I would like to wish everyone a safe, enjoyable Christmas and look forward to flying in 2022.

Rob
Rob, she looks amazing!

Any feedback on the Old Gliders kits...?
Keith

Post by Keith »

Thanks all for your best wishes.
Robcrad

Post by Robcrad »

Hi,
Thank you for your kind comments,
The old gliders kit was the complete kit including all of the wing joiners and sheet wood etc, The kit components are good, milled rather than laser cut, the fiberglass fuselage had a few small voids but nothing major and is epoxy. had no problems with the fit of the wooden parts, some minor fettling to ribs to fit the spars. Just watch the wood sizes, there is 1mm sheeting which is 3/64". The real problem is the lack of instruction and information, the plans are well drawn but there are no section views and the only help is a DVD with around 100 pictures of the construction. again not really an issue for anybody who has built from plans, but not a beginners kit!
I would buy another kit from old gliders, but I think it would be a basic short kit.

regards
Rob
NSWanderer

Post by NSWanderer »

Hi Rob,

Thanks for that, useful info. Let us know how your model flies, as and when... :)
Robcrad

Post by Robcrad »

Hi all,
Just had a great day on the slope at Ivinghoe beacon maiden flight of my 5th scale Mucha, very much a non event, a few clicks of alieron trim and hands off. No nasty surprises on landing, althougn as mentioned the air brakes are not the most effective i have used.
All in all very happy with it.

Regards
Rob