• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

60mm folding prop spinner problem

Here is where you can discuss to your hearts content the merits of sustainers.
harry curzon

60mm folding prop spinner problem

Post by harry curzon »

I am bringing to flight an Alpina 5001 for a friend, it and its equipment have lain in his loft for a long time. It includes a 60mm spinner for folding prop, that looks live a Kavan spinner with plastic cone and aluminium backplate. I need a new yoke for it but, the prop end of the collet, and thus the hole in the spinner backplate and in the yoke, is a whopping 10mm, not the usual 8mm !! I have googled and googled and cannot find anyone who makes yokes with a 10mm hole. I could try buying one with an 8mm hole and drilling it out but that risks it not having much material left, and me not getting the drilling out absolutely centred.

Another option is to just buy a whole new 60mm spinner for folding prop but can I find any shop in Britain with them in stock, of course not!

Any ideas?
Mike F

Re: 60mm folding prop spinner problem

Post by Mike F »

Hi Harry

I haven't tried it, but you could make an insert from appropriately sized tubing.

Rgds
Mike
Barry_Cole

Re: 60mm folding prop spinner problem

Post by Barry_Cole »

Mike F wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 12:26 Hi Harry

I haven't tried it, but you could make an insert from appropriately sized tubing.

Rgds
Mike
From a 10mm shaft to an 8mm hole. That adaptor I would like to see,

:? :? :? :?

BC