• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Rubber or elastics to doors

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
LarsWikstrom

Rubber or elastics to doors

Post by LarsWikstrom »

Hi,

To my 1/3 SHK, I need to find a solution to closing the doors on the landing gear. I have hooks on the doors and on the former.
I had black nylon covered elastic bands but they turned out to not provide enough flexibility and hindered the gear from coming down.

What would you recommend?

Thanks, Lars
Trevor

Re: Rubber or elastics to doors

Post by Trevor »

A micro servo and a sequencer (either onboard or in the Tx) saves a lot of faffing around with elastic. :D
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

And Open TX saves messing with a sequencer....

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

BC
chris williams

Post by chris williams »

Permanently spring-loading the u/c doors can be achieved by the use of fine piano wire torsion springs...
Attachments
65.jpg
catwok

Post by catwok »

On my Libelle I put the doors in position and held them in place on the outside of the fuselage with masking tape. Making sure you tape the length of the hinge line. Then on the inside of the fuselage I masked about 20mm either side of the hinge line. Then smear on some good quality silicone. Remove the tape on the inside of the fuselage first, and then the tape on the outside when the silicone has set. The elasticity of the silicone is strong enough to close the doors and makes a nice neat hinge line on the outside. Very easy to repair if it gets damaged. Thanks Elliott for the idea...
LarsWikstrom

Post by LarsWikstrom »

Many thanks for all suggestions. The concept of silicon sounds very good as it also removes the gap and with that turbulence.
I think I will try that.
Thanks, Lars
Keith

Post by Keith »

Lars sent you a PM.

Keith