New members, please check your spam folder for activation email.

Alsema Sagitta 1:4 scale

Let us all watch your new project progress.
gait

Re: Alsema Sagitta 1:4 scale

Post by gait »

Brian ,

Thx for your info. I’m using devwing to set-up the wing. I’ll have a look into the design.

Br,

Gerhard
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

It’s been a little while since I last posted as my attention has been focused elsewhere. However I have now started on the paintwork – not my favourite task. The fuselage is sprayed in a white and red scheme which appears fairly simple. When I had the white undercoat in place it shows up all the imperfections in the structure. There then followed a period of re-applying filler to certain areas and sanding once again. This was followed with more primer. Once the rattle-can Appliance Gloss White gloss coat was applied all the lumps and bumps became even more apparent. I came to the conclusion that most of this was down to the fuselage structure and there was only so much corrective filler that I was prepared to apply as it was all adding weight. I have also now added the red colouring to the undersides and the fin flash. All in all, I am not happy with the finish but it will just have to suffice – it will look Ok when 50ft away. :?
You will also see from the photos that I have added the rudder and am presently in the process of mounting the servo and control runs. :)
Brian. :? :? :?
Attachments
The painted fuselage.
The painted fuselage.
The completed fin and rudder.
The completed fin and rudder.
Jolly Roger

Post by Jolly Roger »

Finish looks good to me Brian. The full size all have bumps, dings and waves, so you’ve just built in extra authenticity. :D
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

That might be so Roj, but I am still not best pleased with the finished article.
Brian. :?
Cliff Evans

Post by Cliff Evans »

B Sharp wrote: 29 Jun 2022, 10:20 That might be so Roj, but I am still not best pleased with the finished article.
Brian. :?
Don't be such an old fusspot!
https://lasercutsailplanes.co.uk
https://patteaklegliders.co.uk