• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Anyone used BLL Models ?

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
Paul_Williams

Anyone used BLL Models ?

Post by Paul_Williams »

Has anyone had any dealings with the Czech company BLL Model or experience of their kits ?????
Reliable ? Quality ? Flyable ?

Paul
Victorvulcan134

Re: Anyone used BLL Models ?

Post by Victorvulcan134 »

Hi Paul, just seen this, so thought I would give some input. I recently purchased from BLL their small SG38 kit. The kit was well packaged, contains good quality wood, and other accessories necessary to help complete the model. Clear instructions are provided as is a full size plan. Having said this I've not yet built the model! So on my limited experience with BLL I would say that their products seem pretty good.

Hope this helps a little! (Needless to say I have no commercial connection with them etc etc).
Best regards Harry
Paul_Williams

Post by Paul_Williams »

Harry,
thanks for the feedback which is encouraging, especially because no one else responded, so I decided to commit to the BLL RRG Storch V.
Due to a holiday my order was overlooked but to be fair it was then posted airmail and a copy of the dispatch note emailed to me .
That was a week ago, so fingers crossed.
Paul
Paul_Williams

Post by Paul_Williams »

An update for anyone tempted.
Storch duly received, excellent packing and individual groups of cnc parts in bubblewrap packs.
No build instructions as such but a good selection of build photos.
Plans seem very good but the notations are in Czech, however two sheets of translations are included.
So far I am very pleased but dare not look further until my current project is finished.
Although only 3m span, it has a root cord of 472mm and a hell of a lot of wing area.
Paul
Adam C

Post by Adam C »

Paul,

I too bought the Storch kit earlier in the summer. I didn't spot your post before.

Interested in your thoughts on the aileron / elevator set up.. It looks like the control surfaces are reflexed up based on the precut ribs profile and throws are 18mm down and x? Up.

I presume that's the se for aileron and elevator?

Adam
Paul_Williams

Post by Paul_Williams »

Hi Adam,
yes thats my understanding also. PM sent
Paul
ThomasF

Post by ThomasF »

My experience with BLL Model is good.
Seen here:

http://www.retroplane.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5224

greeting
Thomas
Jaapi

Post by Jaapi »

Maybe I can help you, if you have some questions to BBL models, because i know owner of this company and I am from the same region.
:-)
Jaapi
Paul_Williams

Post by Paul_Williams »

Hi Jaapi, thank you for the kind offer. In fact I already bought a kit of the Storch V
Paul
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Paul_Williams wrote: 07 Aug 2023, 22:14 Hi Jaapi, thank you for the kind offer. In fact I already bought a kit of the Storch V
Paul
What span and wing section is it????

BC