• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

PSS at Hole of Horcum

PSS (Power Scale Soaring) scale jets for the slope.
Jolly Roger

PSS at Hole of Horcum

Post by Jolly Roger »

A fresh SW and bright skies were all the excuses my dad and I needed for a trip to the Hole of Horcum, a ridge soaring site in the heart of the North Yorkshire Moors.
Attachments
2F0BC5A7-4FD2-4739-AB89-590B13303A14.jpeg
F85A3253-66B3-481D-817D-C2175B2F49AF.jpeg
Last edited by Jolly Roger on 24 Jul 2022, 18:49, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly Roger

Re: A Grand Day Out

Post by Jolly Roger »

I designed the Hawk for PSS over 30 years ago and it flies a treat in anything from flat calm up to 40mph winds. Just add lead.

The Balsacraft Sea Fury was dug out of the loft this week, where it's been left unloved since I fell for the grace of scale sailplanes.

It took 5 mins to wash off all the mouse poop and replace the rusty brushed motor with a big shiny spinner, turned from pine and filled with enough lead to get the CG sorted.

So how did it manage without a prop? Perfectly well thank you! It flew an absolute treat and I spent the afternoon carving big shapes out of the sky. It's criminal I left it in the loft for two decades. I wonder how many other perfectly serviceable model aircraft are sulking in attics around the country?

Thanks to my old man for the photos. 83 and still knows how to point a lens.
Attachments
Sea Fury over Hole of Horcum 1A.jpg
Sea Fury over Hole of Horcum 2A.jpg
Sea Fury over Hole of Horcum 3A.jpg
Andy.Meade

Re: PSS at Hole of Horcum

Post by Andy.Meade »

Lovely pics Rog, well done dad! I'm glad that you've dabbled a bit in PSS again - I'm not sure if the PSSA are at the HoH this year, but would be great to see you there.