• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Sherlowe Aerotow dates 2022

sp250

Re: Sherlowe Aerotow dates 2022

Post by sp250 »

Pat you will be more than welcome. Tugs often go U/S so the more the merrier.
Email me your BMFA number please, j.minchell@btinternet.com

Google "Sherlowe Airstrip" for your sat nav directions.
Please note the direction of approach as it MUST be from High Ercall village and NOT the B5063 Cotwall Road from the back of Telford.
Due to that being a private road with lockable gates and too narrow to turn around in especially if you are towing a caravan or in a motorhome.
Oh and the farmer usually wanders about with his 12 bore shotgun ...........................
If you come this way, go past the left into Sherlowe lane and carry on doing 3 lefts into High Ercall and approach Sherlowe Lane from the other (western) end.
sp250

Post by sp250 »

One week to go till the second Sherlowe Aero Tow 13th & 14th August.
Please drop me an email with your BMFA number if you plan on attending. j.minchell (at) btinternnet.com

£10 per day to the charity box to fly gliders.
Tuggies - I can cover the tug fuel expenses if you give me a petrol receipt as the event is a North West Area BMFA sponsored one.
Camping from Friday till Sunday night free, motorhome, caravan or tent. There is no chemical toilet waste disposal.
On site ladies and gents toilets and a kitchen with 240 volts to re charge batteries or boil a kettle.
Full size hangar to store models overnight.

Please ensure you approach the airstrip from the west (through High Ercall, NOT the B5063 Cotwall Road (Telford) east side.
Just putting in the order for clear skies and thermals now.
Forecast 30+ degrees so don't forget the factor 50, your sun glasses & hat!

John M
Pat Marsden

Post by Pat Marsden »

Had forgotten I had offered my towing service for the weekend and was reminded by a friend. Unfortunately as I am very fair skinned/borderline ginger I cant take to much heat/sun before bursting into flames so wont be coming. I do hope those attending slap on the factor 50 and wear big floppy hats so in keeping with the glider pilot look :D
Cliff Evans

Post by Cliff Evans »

Pat Marsden wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 15:03 Had forgotten I had offered my towing service for the weekend and was reminded by a friend. Unfortunately as I am very fair skinned/borderline ginger I cant take to much heat/sun before bursting into flames so wont be coming. I do hope those attending slap on the factor 50 and wear big floppy hats so in keeping with the glider pilot look :D
BORDERLINE!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://lasercutsailplanes.co.uk
https://patteaklegliders.co.uk
Pat Marsden

Post by Pat Marsden »

Cliff Evans wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 17:20
Pat Marsden wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 15:03 Had forgotten I had offered my towing service for the weekend and was reminded by a friend. Unfortunately as I am very fair skinned/borderline ginger I cant take to much heat/sun before bursting into flames so wont be coming. I do hope those attending slap on the factor 50 and wear big floppy hats so in keeping with the glider pilot look :D
BORDERLINE!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
As I still have hair it is quite clear that i am not a ginger :D :D
Mark Wilcockson

Post by Mark Wilcockson »

My first visit today to Sherlowe and won’t be my last. Some enjoyable flying but it was HOT

Thanks for organising John. Much appreciated
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

B•gger……..took a glider and it turned into a boat.

Ran into sink in two different ways on approach. lol

Thanks to John and the tugs for an almost perfect day. :D
Attachments
7045EB3B-5665-4457-AEA7-0A53E06DCFDB.jpeg
Last edited by Anthony on 15 Aug 2022, 10:01, edited 1 time in total.
sp250

Post by sp250 »

Thanks to all who attended despite the really hot temperatures.
Sunday was a bit more comfortable than the Saturday, but still blistering for England in August. Buckets of water in the pilots box for putting out any wildfire, but people seemed to think they were for soaking a towel or hat in and washing/cooling your feet - hey ho!
We had 6 tugs in attendance, but with the attrition were down to one by 3.00pm Sunday. So a big shout out to Ray Watts, James Wilcockson, Phil Pearson, Richard Barley and Elliot Howells. Thank you, the event could not happen without you and I hope the repairs are not too difficult.

Good to see some new faces who had not been before, look forward to seeing you again next time.
We raised £445, which Bob and Gill Pooler will double, for the two charities - the local children's hospice and the Midlands air ambulance.
Well done everyone.

John M
timbo2720

Post by timbo2720 »

My second Aerotow meet so still learning and had a great time despite the heat.
Just a huge thanks to all that make these events possible , especially the tug pilots who do such a great job despite the occasional mishap.

Tim
Colin Hutchinson

Post by Colin Hutchinson »

Yes an excellent weekend, with crop fires to welcome the visitor, very hot weather and lots of thermals.
Thanks to Phil for putting out the buckets of water to cool the feet, hats, etc, and to the towing crew, and our friendly hosts.
Will definitely be attending next year if the calendar allows.
Colin