• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Sandhays Inaugural GPS competition 24/25th September

Spread the know how on GPS navigational flying.
Mark Wilcockson

Sandhays Inaugural GPS competition 24/25th September

Post by Mark Wilcockson »

Sandhays Inaugural GPS competition 24th 25th September. SPORTS AND LIGHT Classes

Charles Andrew and Gordon Veal have kindly agreed we can hold a GPS competition at the excellent Sandhays site

https://sandhays.co.uk/about-sandhays/

This is intended to follow the GPS challenge format with possible an an additional prize for the most number cumulative triangles over the weekend. Saturday morning will be a training session with the competition starting Saturday afternoon

I have flown the final courses today and once converted to fixed frequency format I will create an event on the GPS Soaring League

Those not familiar with Sandhays it must be premier site in the U.K. dedicated to model glider flying and in based near Waddingham in Lincolnshire

Normally only available to members camping is available at £10 per night for None Members and flying is £5 per day. This will cover prize costs with any surplus going to the local air ambulance charity

If successful we could have one or two events in 2023

As a further incentive the run in from turn 3 to the start line has no trees and allows for some low level final laps

Mark
Mark Wilcockson

Re: Sandhays Inaugural GPS competition 24/25th September

Sandhays Inaugural GPS Weekend.  24th 25th September 

Event now live on GPS Triangle League for pilots to register (hopefully I have set it up right)

Planning to have Saturday morning as a training session followed by the competition

The format will be a GPS challenge over Saturday afternoon and Sunday with the best 4 rounds scoring 

The Challenge format allows pilots to fly when they want and will be more relaxed than heats for this first event

There is also a separate competition for the most triangles flown in each class over the weekend 

Course files will be posted shortly

https://www.en.gps-triangle-league.net/ ... fld_id=280
Mark Wilcockson

Re: Sandhays Inaugural GPS competition 24/25th September

Just over a week to go until the GPS Weekend at Sandhays.

If anyone wishes to enter please e-mail me at mark.wilcockson@me.com

Full details on the UK GPS Triangle Racing Group Facebook page.
BFBE339F-F99B-4368-BD56-BF550460F5B2.png
BFBE339F-F99B-4368-BD56-BF550460F5B2.png (20.77 KiB) Viewed 17627 times