• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Just joined the forum? Please introduce yourself here..
Graeme123

Post by Graeme123 »

Hi everyone and a merry Xmas and happy new year to all

Having had an interest in RC flying for years but never done anything about it I thought it was time to do something positive at the young and tender age of 64 ( 😩)

I live in the north east (Whitley Bay) and would love to learn to fly gliders after watching loads of YouTube videos on slope soaring but do not know who to contact in my area so any advice would be most welcome
Thanks in anticipation of any replies
Graeme
Jolly Roger

Re: New member

Post by Jolly Roger »

Hi Graeme,
Welcome to the forum!
Radio controlled slope soaring is a fascinating and rewarding hobby, and you live in a great part of the country with several good sites within an hour.
If you haven’t already done so, I suggest joining the BMFA so you can find the handiest club and get some advice on models and flying instruction. Although you can teach yourself how to fly gliders, it is so much less stress with someone next to you, plus you can enjoy the social side.
I believe the Weardale Model Gliding Association near Stanhope is healthy and active, and has good sites for virtually all wind directions. There are also fantastic slope sites in Northumberland and the North Yorkshire Moors.
If you want more advice do drop me a PM on this forum.
Have fun!
Rog
Graeme123

Re: New member

Post by Graeme123 »

Thanks Rog for the reply as soon as the holidays are over I will contact the Weardale club and see where my journey takes me.
Have a great new year

Graeme