• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Sherlowe 2023 dates

ScaleMeDown

Video from June Aerotow Released

Post by ScaleMeDown »

Hi

The video we made from our visit to the May 2023 Aerotow at Sherlowe in Shropshire is now released on our YouTube channel over at ScaleMeDown

Enjoy
sp250

Re: Sherlowe 2023 dates

Post by sp250 »

An excellent video SMD Matt & Gwen, thank you.

And a timely point to remind everyone that the second Sherlowe aero tow event is rapidly approaching. Renewal of height exemption has been applied for. Dates are 12th and 13th of August. Please let me know either by email (j.minchell at btinternet.com), a message on here, or the Shropshire whats app group. It is a pre registration event and Northwest Area BMFA supported.

This is an event for under 25kg models only, and only for BMFA members. SAA or LMA membership for insurance purposes is now not acceptable. The site permit is issued by the BMFA and states that you need to be a member to operate under that permit, and the NOTAM is related to that Permit. I do not apply for LMA cover for any over 25kg models. So max 25kg or you will be operating without insurance.

For those camping, you can arrive on Friday, there is water available and there are 2 toilets that you can use, BUT (!) there is no Elsan disposal on site, and of course, there is no electric hook up. You need to be self sufficient for the weekend, take your rubbish away with you. There is however a hangar for overnight assembled model storage and 240v for battery charging.

Payment is £10.00 per day to the charity box for glider pilots and by voluntary contribution for tug pilots. If you do not intend to contribute, then please do not bother coming. Proceeds will be split between the local Cosford Air Ambulance Trust and the Shrewsbury Hospice as has been done in the past.

Pilots briefing at around 10am. You need to be there for that in order to fly. If you are not at the briefing in time, then when you arrive, you will need to be briefed personally by me, you will have to wait if I am busy, so please be there for 10am.

Directions - Google "Sherlowe Airstrip" for your sat nav directions. Please note the direction of approach as it MUST be from High Ercall village and NOT the B5063 Cotwall Road from the back of Telford. That is a private road with lockable gates and too narrow to turn around in especially if you are towing a caravan or in a motorhome.
If you come this way, go past the left into Sherlowe lane and carry on doing 3 lefts into High Ercall and approach Sherlowe Lane from the other (western) end.

Hope to see you there
John M
Robcrad

Post by Robcrad »

Hope to be there on the 13 th, as long as the weather gods play ball

Regards

Rob
RobbieB

Post by RobbieB »

Well, a bit different to the last one!

DSC_0001_2.jpg

The forecast wasn't brilliant but an excellent days flying never the less. Wind not as big as predicted and only a few, brief, light showers going through.
A big thank you to John for organising and Ray for his excellent tugging again.

A few photies of Mark Richards' superb Jaskolka that I haven't seen before:
DSC_0019_2.jpg
Attachments
DSC_0010_2.jpg
Chris Veitch

Post by Chris Veitch »

Thanks to all for a great day's flying on Sunday after the rain cleared, sad Saturday was a blow out but wise decision not to fly

Someone took a video of the launch of my ASH26 can you share it here or PM me if preferred.

Look forward to the next one.

Regards
Chris