• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Aerotowing in Wales

Please post here anywhare that may be of interest for anybody visiting an area where there is somewhere to fly. Where possible please include directions or map details for google.
Elliot Howells

Aerotowing in Wales

Post by Elliot Howells »

ADMIN - please put this in the category best suited if this is the wrong place, thanks.

Hi all,

I'm looking to meet up for some tugging or being towed - inbetween more organised events. There's no-one to tow at my club in Aberystwyth :(

I have 5 currently serviceable tugs, all 100cc plus, so can tow pretty much anything.

Please excuse this somewhat desperate plea - going stir crazy...

PM me or write here if you have any suggestions for a meet up - willing to travel all of Wales and into shropshire/ herefordshire.

Cheers, Ell.
Cliff Evans

Re: Aerotowing in Wales

Post by Cliff Evans »

Hi Elliot. My father lives in Pontyberem, not far from your site. I would like to visit your site at some point. PM me your phone number. Will try to arrange a visit with a model to tow.
https://lasercutsailplanes.co.uk
https://patteaklegliders.co.uk
Elliot Howells

Post by Elliot Howells »

Hi Cliff,

sadly, I've not been a member of Carmarthen Flying club for several years now, kept it running though and post covid then got 'ousted'.

It's a lovely site though, assume it's still going, they even kicked me off the facebook group I ran for the club!

Hey ho, Ell.

(My club up at Aberystwyth is lovely however, great bunch, just no glider tow-ers or tow-ees.)
Andy.Meade

Post by Andy.Meade »

We're looking at putting together some tugging weekends here on the Lleyn Peninsula next year Ell, welcome to come along. And if it's windy, some B****y amazing slopes to fly from too :) Site is in between Llanbedrog and Pwllheli just outside the village of Penrhos.
Rich vale

Post by Rich vale »

Andy.Meade wrote: 24 Oct 2023, 15:27 We're looking at putting together some tugging weekends here on the Lleyn Peninsula next year Ell, welcome to come along. And if it's windy, some B****y amazing slopes to fly from too :) Site is in between Llanbedrog and Pwllheli just outside the village of Penrhos.
Pwllheli is my choice!
Elliot Howells

Post by Elliot Howells »

Andy.Meade wrote: 24 Oct 2023, 15:27 We're looking at putting together some tugging weekends here on the Lleyn Peninsula next year Ell, welcome to come along. And if it's windy, some B****y amazing slopes to fly from too :) Site is in between Llanbedrog and Pwllheli just outside the village of Penrhos.
Please keep me posted Andy - I'm very much west Wales, but more than happy to visit the north! I have plenty of tugs if you need them :)